Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Hi Henry,

I can't help seeing the funny side of being on a thread where someone has just asked if someone else will admit to the existence of local delivery men. Those elusive, enigmatic, ghostly figures haunting the highways and byways of our towns and cities! You'll be suggesting that Postmen exist next!
    Ha! Phantom killers, spectral local delivery men, what the heck....

Comment

• Idea for a paranormal show title....

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
      Ha! Phantom killers, spectral local delivery men, what the heck....
      ... "Finding FedEx"

Seriously, I think the correlations between OTR (over-the-road) truck drivers and London carmen are not there, and neither are the characteristics which are supposedly showed: Lechmere did not work at night (at least, he wasn't at the time of the Nichols murder), but apparently in the early morning. As a driver, he wasn't alone for long stretches of time, because apparently one or more assistants rode in the cart to unload the cargo. As far as being exposed to prostitution -- well, that was normal for any East Ender of the time and place.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

• Music video by Benny Hill performing Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West). (P) 2010 The copyright in this audiovisual recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          ... "Finding FedEx"
          I'd watch that!

Or how about....

Slice Road Truckers ?

Comment

• Just a thought

IF it could be proven that Lichmere did deliver meat, cat meat especially, MAYBE he could have made deliveries to 29 Hanbury street. After all, the front room of 29 was apparently used as a shop where they sold cat's meat. This way he could have gained knowledge of the dwelling, the people that came and went, the doors that were unable to be locked, etc He was also about 39 to 40 at the time of the murders I believe and Liz Long said she saw someone around 40 years of age with the deceased. Of course she also said someone dark (foreign potentially) which could render Lechmere not the suspect seen with her, unless she was mistaken on that point. I have to say anyway I did enjoy the missing evidence documentary. The 1 thing that made me most curious about Lichmere when watching it was the issue with the blood and the apparent amount of time spent alone with the body. Did Paul not see the blood due to there not being enough light? Maybe PC John Neil only saw it thanks to his torch. If that was the case then MAYBE the blood was actually present when Paul was there. Also regarding Lichmere giving the name Cross, maybe that was due to his step father Thomas Cross being a constable. Did he think having a stepfather who was a constable will gain him favor with Mizen? Im no heavyweight expert like most people on here unfortunately and there's alot of "if's" and "maybe's" in these sentences, however I just figured it would be OK to share the idea's anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X