Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel Society & 'you Tube'

Dear All,

This is to announce to the world that the WHITECHAPEL SOCIETY now has a YOU TUBE channel.

It has films from recent talks and other areas of interest - especially for those who can not make the meetings!

Simply visit YOU TUBE, put 'WS1888' in the search bar and enjoy!!!

ADRIAN.
    Hello

Wonderful news, thanks Adrian!

Cheers, Archaic

Comment

If you want to view the new WHITECHAPEL SOCIETY channel on YOU TUBE, you can try by looking at the first part of the film of the recent Jeremy Beadle Lecture that had Robin Odell as speaker.

Give it a try!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Go on what are you waiting for?

ADRIAN.
      (Editor: Whitechapel Society Journal)
      Hello

Comment

Is Fiona Kendall's mccarthy talks up or going up? I suppose I could go look...

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Ally,

I do have it on film. I will have to get her permission. She is, however, a wonderful person and I'm sure she will give permission!!!

In time, we will put more selections from our audio/film archive - which is extensive!!!!

There are more videos to view.

ADRIAN.
          Hello

Comment

Why not visit our new YOU TUBE channel and see what we have to offer.

Why not subscribe for regular updates!!!!

ADRIAN
            Hello

Comment

In future we will be putting up films of our meetings for the whole world to see - especially for our members that are unable to make it to meetings.

ADRIAN.
              Hello

Comment

With the year ahead of us at the Whitechapel Society it will be an important tool to show films of our talks.

ADRIAN.
                Hello

Comment

An interesting film on our new channel is of 'Itchy Park'. Worth a visit in person, but, hey, if you can't make it - visit the Whitechapel Society YOU TUBE channel!
                  Hello

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Saw the Itchy one and will watch some more soon. Thank you for your efforts in putting these up for us to view around the world.

Roy
                    Sink the Bismark

Comment

Hi, Adrian.

I saw Ally's question about Fiona Kendall's talk.

If you succeed in getting Ms Kendall's permission, I would love to be able to watch it, and I'm sure many others would as well.
                      I have only heard bits and pieces of her story (mostly 3rd hand) but I find it very intriguing.

Thank you very much for your hard work; Seattle is a long, long way from London and the Whitechapel Society meetings, so I appreciate being able to see these videos.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Hi,
                        With regard to Fiona giving permission for the film to be shown , I wouldnt hold your breath, she was not at all pleased with Casebook, or to be precise some members who refused to accept her word.
                        I may be wrong but I believe that the good lady was very careful in her talk, and kept a lot close to her chest, during the speech,and question time.
                        I can only reflect on reports mentioned on casebook after the occasion, not from personally being present.
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

Richard,

Thank you very much for your reply. I fully understand that distance and informality can obfuscate things. Thankfully, having Fiona Kendall in front of us at the Whitechapel Society meeting was a wonderful chance to have her explain her story and have people ask questions.

She was a lovely person and she is a very good friend of the Whitechapel Society - she even gave me an excellent bottle of port last Christmas!

Whatever you believe about her views etc, she was a very nice person indeed and was able to answer any question put to her.

As I said, I fully understand the barrier of not talking to her in person, but at least I might get an okay to put film of her on our YOU TUBE channel so you and the fellow posters on Casebook can have some idea of her views and memories of John McCarthy.

I hope that helps?

ADRIAN.
                          Hello

Comment

Adrian,

This is fantastic mate.

Not only are you as cool as Mr Freezes dingle dangles but you have some sharp ideas too.

I really need to get me to a WS meet.

Great work...really great work.

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

If you succeed in getting Ms Kendall's permission, I would love to be able to watch it, and I'm sure many others would as well.
                              I have only heard bits and pieces of her story (mostly 3rd hand) but I find it very intriguing.

Hi Archaic

Fiona's talk was, as they say, weird and wonderful and I hope she'll allow Adrian to put it on Youtube as it was simply excellent.
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                              X