Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Yet it was raining on Lawende until 1.30
    You can read the weather for the day. It was 100% overcast all day and the rains suddenly started around 22:00 and was extremely heavy and sudden. Whether it stayed that way constantly or not is really the question.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Heading for London Bridge, on her way to Bermondsey, to her daughters?
      Her only daughter,Annie Phillips,had moved over two years prior and Eddowes had no idea where she was living.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
        Her only daughter,Annie Phillips,had moved over two years prior and Eddowes had no idea where she was living.
        Hi Dave,

Annie was looking for her in Thrawl Street a week before her murder.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
          Hi Dave,

Annie's Aunt was living at 6 Thrawl Street and knew that her sister was with John Kelly at 55 Flower and Dean Street.
          Seems Eddowes was looking after her sister up until her departure to go hopping.
          Mary Ann Nichols had been living at 18 Thrawl Street until when she moved next door to Eddowes on 24 August.
          Reckon Nichols and Kate knew each other from the London Hospital in December 1867.
          Last edited by DJA; 10-06-2018, 07:54 AM. Reason: Nichols.

Comment

Annie's Aunt was living at 6 Thrawl Street and knew that her sister was with John Kelly at 55 Flower and Dean Street.
            Seems Eddowes was looking after her sister up until her departure to go hopping.
            Curious.
            Yes. It was her sister Eliza Gold that spoke to Annie in Thrawl Street and made that claim.

Comment

Mary Ann Nichols had been living at 18 Thrawl Street until when she moved next door to Eddowes on 24 August.
              Reckon Nichols and Kate knew each other from the London Hospital in December 1867.
              Nichols in Flower and Dean is an error
              Her address on the death certificate is 35 Dorset street ...... same as Chapman
              You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Roll up, roll up, get your coincidences here today. Buy 2, get 1 free. Buy more than 4 and you get a free set of horse blinders to put on.

Something tells me Punch was onto something.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                  Hi Dave,

Hi Jerry
                  Where did this info come from ?
                  No mention of it by Annie at the inquest I don't think

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                    Hi Jerry
                    Where did this info come from ?
                    No mention of it by Annie at the inquest I don't think
                    Hi PS,

Daily News
                    United Kingdom
                    4 October 1888

Last night Eliza Gold, or Frost, the sister, who lives at 6, Thrawl-street, Spitalfields, made the following statement. She did this with difficulty, as she is suffering from a serious attack of illness consequent on the sudden discovery of her sister's shocking end. "It was this morning," she said, "when I was called to the mortuary to identify her, poor girl-I never dreamed that she would come to such an end as this, and I can't get over it. I really don't know how old she was, but I am fifty-two, and she was considerably younger. Perhaps she was about forty-two. She was born at Wolverhampton. All of us were born there. She was not married to Conway, but she went to live with him while in London. She has lived here almost all her life. Her name was Catherine Eddowes. Conway was in the army, but I don't know in what regiment. She had two or three children by him. It's rather strange-one of them, the girl that's married, came to me last week and asked me if I had seen anything of her mother. She said it was a very long time since she had seen her; but it was a long time since I had, too, and I told her so. In fact I have not seen her much oftener than once or twice since she has been with Kelly, though we lived so close together. We were not on the best of terms. I think it is only five or six years since Conway left her. Then she got in with Kelly, and I believe she has stuck to him all along. I certainly don't think she ever went out with other men, though I have told you that I did not see much of her. She was always a regular jolly sort, but she would never do anything wrong. I cannot imagine what she was doing in Mitre-square. ["]

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                      Hi PS,

Daily News
                      United Kingdom
                      4 October 1888

Last night Eliza Gold, or Frost, the sister, who lives at 6, Thrawl-street, Spitalfields, made the following statement. She did this with difficulty, as she is suffering from a serious attack of illness consequent on the sudden discovery of her sister's shocking end. "It was this morning," she said, "when I was called to the mortuary to identify her, poor girl-I never dreamed that she would come to such an end as this, and I can't get over it. I really don't know how old she was, but I am fifty-two, and she was considerably younger. Perhaps she was about forty-two. She was born at Wolverhampton. All of us were born there. She was not married to Conway, but she went to live with him while in London. She has lived here almost all her life. Her name was Catherine Eddowes. Conway was in the army, but I don't know in what regiment. She had two or three children by him. It's rather strange-one of them, the girl that's married, came to me last week and asked me if I had seen anything of her mother. She said it was a very long time since she had seen her; but it was a long time since I had, too, and I told her so. In fact I have not seen her much oftener than once or twice since she has been with Kelly, though we lived so close together. We were not on the best of terms. I think it is only five or six years since Conway left her. Then she got in with Kelly, and I believe she has stuck to him all along. I certainly don't think she ever went out with other men, though I have told you that I did not see much of her. She was always a regular jolly sort, but she would never do anything wrong. I cannot imagine what she was doing in Mitre-square. ["]
                      Thank You Jerry
                      One of the most interesting snippets I've seen in a long time
                      Certainly helping things 'click' into place
                      One may suspect she had very good reason to come and look for her and not mention it at the inquest at all ?
                      Maybe something very important concerning her or another family member
                      She made it clear at the inquest that she hasn't wanted anything to do with Kate for a long time....
                      Eliza seemed confused and Annie guarded

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                        Hi PS,

Daily News
                        United Kingdom
                        4 October 1888

Interesting,given Kate was caring for Eliza late August before going hopping.
                        That is at least the third version given by a very distraught Eliza Gold.

Was Annie seeking her mother when she returned from hopping near Kent?
                        Why? Especially as she had been avoiding her for over two years.

Eliza seems to have been illiterate. Her defacto's name may have been James Fruit.

Comment

• Possible JtR Solution

Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

The geographic profile I have been working on tells me I should be looking closely at Tabram and Nichols.

So here goes...

Mary Ann Connelly (Pearly Poll) was giving evidence that she had seen the soldier who was with Martha Tabram the night she was murdered.

Could Jack the Ripper have been someone who is trying to locate Mary Ann Connelly, to wipe out this witness?

Mary Polly Anne Nichols.
                          Anne Chapman.
                          Mary Anne Kelly a.k.a - Catherine Eddowes
                          Mary Jane Kelly.

This seems to make heaps off sense. Too much maybe.

Comment

• It makes no sense at all. As if Jack the Ripper would have bothered to ask a potential victim's name, releasing her if the name, or alias, she gave didn't vaguely resemble Pearly Poll's. A woman who, by all accounts, had a distinctive voice and appearance.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                            X