Possible Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Jack?

This post is just about to get lost amongst the "what remained consistant amongst the C5" thread. People were discussing why Jack killed on either the beginning or end of the month,and this thought just occurred to me. I haven't seen it discussed,although it probably has been........ What about the guy who inspected the doss houses?.....I can't remember if he inspected weekly or monthly....but I was thinking that if the same guy visited,the C5 could have known him enough not to fear instantly,even have a short conversation with.He may have overheard their first name,or where they were headed,if they were having a conversation while he was around,which would have given him a clue as to the general area of where they solicited.He would be a familiar face in the area,and with Kelly could have seen her while in Dorset Street,or outside the Ten Bells if he had houses to inspect in that road.I may be wrong, but I just wondered what others thought about this possibility. Thanks.

Well, Anna, the guy in overall charge of inspecting the 'doss houses' of Whitechapel throughout 1888 was Superintendent Charles Henry Cutbush, he was also responsible at the same time for organising and supervising the police beats of Whitechapel.
    He had a nephew called Thomas Cutbush.
    You might like to check him and his mad uncle out.

Comment

Working...
    X