The Lost Book Of Nostradamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Book Of Nostradamus

Ok I am no big fan of Nostradamus and I am highly skeptical of his Prophecies. I have done very little research on him so i have no idea whether this manuscript could be for real or not?
    What do you think

Hello Belinda!

I think mr. Penn and mr. Teller hit the point with Nostradamus in their show:

"After all, he was just a bad poet!"

According to the show, he based his prophecies on circular thinking; about every thousand years the events will take place again.

So, the New Town in prophecies didn't mean New York at all, but Naples, to present one example. I.e. Naples was Neapoli in Greek, that is: the New Town.

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I have almost 30 books on Nostradamus, covering all his known written works, with analysis, and commentary. Although they are quite difficult to read, with time they become readable and fairly easy to understand, however they are open to interpretation.

For example, some scholars still argue over what his dates actually mean, wether they are prophecies of events to come, or events passed. The fact that he wrote the works while heavily drugged on a concoction of berries doesn't help either!

I recently bought two new books which look at some of his rarer works, but even the author struggles with what the hell it all means!

Like Jukka mentioned, it appears as if he was a bad poet, albeit drugged to the eyeballs!
      Regards Mike

Comment

About that "lost" book of Nostradamus, was it really a book of his anyhows?

I mean most of the prophecies in that book are in the form of pictures (and/or drawings) and Nostradamus was never known for that he made all his prophecies in writings, although his son was an artists - BUT there is no hint that his son made this book or was even alive when the book was made.

And with this book as with all Nostradamus prophecies, anyone one can predict it almost anyway they want - it seems like Nostradamus prophecies are more so like Rorschach test for the reader and less so like any real prophecies at all…
        Sometimes all you learn in defeat is that you have been defeated - Anonymous

Comment

I have never read any book about Nostradamus, that he has illustrated!

I agree with you about the interpretation of his prophecies. I saw one once which made no sense, until a tabloid deciphered it.
          It related to police flying in helicopters over football matches!
          Regards Mike

Comment

I lost any faith in Nostradamus when I found out he had a first name, and that name was Michael. Not very mystic, is it?

No offence to Michaels here present
            Chief Superintendent Brownlow: "Are there any Tension Indicators? Over!"

DI Galloway: "Tension indicators?! They're throwing bloody petrol bombs. Sir."

Comment

Originally posted by Phryne Fisher View Post
              I lost any faith in Nostradamus when I found out he had a first name, and that name was Michael. Not very mystic, is it?

No offence to Michaels here present
              I always thought my name to be quite mystical, apparently it has some meaning,

Michael is a given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (mee-KHA-el), meaning "Who is like God?"[1] In English, it is sometimes shortened to Mike, Mikey, or, especially in Ireland, Mick. Is one of the 7 Archangels and protector of Yahweh.
              Regards Mike

Comment

Hello Mike!

Which one of the Michaels do you like best:

Michel de Nostredame (Nostradamus)?

Michael Philip (Mick) Jagger?

Michael Jackson?

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Answer?

None of the above, but Michael J Fox is a childhood hero! When I saw him on the skateboard in Back to the Future, I wanted to be him! I also bought a skateboard soon after!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Wow Mike that's quite a collection!

I saw some of the programme again last night and the drawings with no words aspect seems odd to me .Did Nostradamus ever illustrate any of his known stuff.
                    The drawings seem very simple and open to alot of interpretations assuming the book is even genuine

Comment

...this is a blast!!

Here's what I got:

"There will be peace union and change
                      Will be found in the temple of the Vestals
                      To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols
                      War to cease, civil processes, debates..."

You can also ask Nostradamus questions. Here's what I got, for example, when I asked Nostradamus:

"Did Tom Wescott leave Casebook forums for several months to get a sex change?"

The answer was: LOL

"No more than seven months will he hold the office of prelate
                      Appearing at the time of the great games of slaughter
                      His renown, praise, rule and power will grow
                      Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur..."
                      Cheers,
                      cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

The chosen ones will be blameless.
                        The gold stone writing shall bear no fruit.
                        Chalk, Warren, Sponge.
                        And the masses will chatter for eternity.

See? It's easy, anyone can do it.

Mac The Kipperdamus.
                        I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

Originally posted by cappuccina
                          "Did Tom Wescott leave Casebook forums for several months to get a sex change?"

The answer was: LOL

"No more than seven months will he hold the office of prelate
                          Appearing at the time of the great games of slaughter
                          His renown, praise, rule and power will grow
                          Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur..."

It's all true. Except I left to get sex...not a sex change. I like how my renown, praise, rule and power are going to grow. Lord knows I need more of that stuff now that I've got the sex thing locked down. I could also use some cash if somebody's got some extra.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello, you Americans!

Can you find anything from Nostradamus in the case of;

Obama vs. McCain?!

All the best
                            Jukka

Comment

One of Nostradamus prophecies was that there will be a huge nuclear explosion in France at some point in the nit to distant future.

Where is Cern again?
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X