Martin Fido discovery 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Fido discovery 2018

"At the 130th Anniversary Conference in London this September, Martin will present his research about how the discovery of the details behind the Met’s Mary Jane Kelly photo is the single most important discovery in Ripperology over the last 20 years.

It also confirms his speculation thirty years ago that despite a huge fictional content and the impossibility of tracing the alleged source, Inspector H of Thames Valley, the old French book “Jacques l’Eventreur” (subsequently translated by Molly Whittington-Egan) contains some rare accurate information about the early days of the police investigation with important implications for our view of Sgt Thick and John Pizer"

What was the big revelation and why is no one talking about it on ANY of the boards??

Could someone remind me what Jacques l’Eventreur is, exactly?

Comment

Jacques l'Eventreur is "Jack the Ripper" in French
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Krinoid View Post
          What was the big revelation and why is no one talking about it on ANY of the boards??
          I suspect it’s because not many here attended the conference, ore Newbies, and therefore are unaware of Martin’s talk.

Monty
          Monty

Comment

Monty while you're here, could you help Rob1n?

Discussion for general Whitechapel geography, mapping and routes the killer might have taken. Also the place for general census information and "what was it like in Whitechapel" discussions.

Comment

Thick and McCarthy of Dorset St., had an interaction over a bust-up involving a gang which used Thick to give them a good character reference so they avoided jail and paid fines instead. Maybe it is more on that?
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

I left this board years ago after getting ripped apart on it many times, nice to see the same bull going on with snobbishness STILL going on even when one of the leading ripperologists speaks about something important, the idiots on here decide again not to notice something important due to rivalries on conventions and total ignorance. nothing has changed.

Comment

I haven't a clue what Martin Fido has found out, but I'd be interested to know.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    I haven't a clue what Martin Fido has found out, but I'd be interested to know.
                    Well, I've asked him and will pass along whatever he has to say.

JM

Comment

I wonder if it has anything to do with 254 Whitechapel Road?

Comment

I left this board years ago after getting ripped apart on it many times, nice to see the same bull going on with snobbishness STILL going on even when one of the leading ripperologists speaks about something important, the idiots on here decide again not to notice something important due to rivalries on conventions and total ignorance. nothing has changed.
                        WTF?

As merely stated, not everyone attended the event. So how can it be noticed?

Monty
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                          I wonder if it has anything to do with 254 Whitechapel Road?
                          Was that the address of the cigar shop/brothel where David Cohen was arrested which also turns out to have been next door to where Thomas Coram found the knife wrapped in a blood-stained handkerchief on the doorstep the morning after the double event which a doctor said he doubted could have been the murder weapon but who knows it might have been?
                          Last edited by J6123; 10-24-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Calm your titties brother. The Polish Jew is the only suspect worth taking seriously and I read anything by Martin Fido, Scott Nelson or Robert House with.......extra-massive interest.

What were you ripped apart about? What was your theory?

Comment

Hi Scott,

254 Whitechapel Road?

What has Mrs. Gertrude Smith got to do with the price of fish?

Regards,

Simon
                              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                              X