One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Seriously, everyone, please don’t be influenced by this sort of lazy stereotyping.

A post house is anywhere where historically post is collected from.

And Maybrick spelt ‘post’ with an unneeded ‘e’, as in ‘poste haste’.

There, that wasn’t too hard now was it?
    Totally. I mean, a well-known and historic local pub has the unique name, the Poste House, which just so happens to appear in a pretend Victorian diary, and the obvious solution is that there were loads of them, there's just no literal record of them, lol.

Yeah, totally. Maybrick was so used to sticking an "e" on things, being a proper Victorian bloke, that he stuck it on all kinds, I mean, he was off his head on arsenic at the time, innit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
      Then why not promote your theory via a journal, a blog, or even a book? Give up your true identity and unashamedly promote this idea that James Maybrick wrote the diary and was, in fact, the Ripper.

You won't do that, 'cos you're 'avin a giraffe, mate. At least that other bloke put himself out there with his weird belief that Lech the Carman was Cross the Ripper. I mean, have some dignity in your beliefs, like Tom Cruise.
      Some of us have jobs which do not permit of the writing of books. But thanks for the suggestion.
      Iconoclast
      Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

But hey you’re literally just making this up as you go along!

Tell us who “determined that Maybrick never wrote the diary” and we can start to help you to understand how deeply misguided you have been.

Sample of one, granted, but I have seen letters that I wrote in the 80s (when we wrote letters) and my hand is extremely formal and slants very hard to the left. I have loads of personal notes from the same period, meant only for my eyes, where the writing slants to the right and the writing style could not be less like my formal style if I tried.

I guess you’re going to tell me that I either didn’t write the letters or else they weren’t my notes?
        You already know that the fact remains that the diary does not match Maybrick's hand. Now, unless Maybrick was an anomaly, he couldn't disguise his true hand by forming letters and distributing his weight on the ink in a completely different manner than usual. I mean, this is painfully obvious to anyone who isn't bored and looking for kicks, Ike.

Comment

Totally. I mean, nobody can prove that the Earth isn't flat. NASA just created those images to fool us, and stuff...

Party on, Wayne.
          I think you’ll find that proving the Earth isn’t flat was achieved quite a wee while ago, actually.
          Iconoclast

Comment

Some of us have jobs which do not permit of the writing of books. But thanks for the suggestion.
            You've been typing a lot of textbergs on here for God knows how long, mate. That time, one would think, could've been better spent writing that book, since you're so convinced. But hey, who am I kidding, right?

Comment

Totally. I mean, a well-known and historic local pub has the unique name, the Poste House, which just so happens to appear in a pretend Victorian diary, and the obvious solution is that there were loads of them, there's just no literal record of them, lol.

Yeah, totally. Maybrick was so used to sticking an "e" on things, being a proper Victorian bloke, that he stuck it on all kinds, I mean, he was off his head on arsenic at the time, innit.

I think we’re starting to sense that you don’t quite have your head in the game right now.

Think I’ll take a rain check on this utterly surreal exchange.
              Iconoclast

Comment

I think you’ll find that proving the Earth isn’t flat was achieved quite a wee while ago, actually.
                Nonsense. As we see on these boards, fact is an interchangeable matter of opinion.

Comment

You already know that the fact remains that the diary does not match Maybrick's hand. Now, unless Maybrick was an anomaly, he couldn't disguise his true hand by forming letters and distributing his weight on the ink in a completely different manner than usual. I mean, this is painfully obvious to anyone who isn't bored and looking for kicks, Ike.
                  Oh, I see, it’s the ‘He’s a wind-up merchant’ argument again. Missed now, now I’ve spotted it.
                  Iconoclast

Comment

You've been typing a lot of textbergs on here for God knows how long, mate. That time, one would think, could've been better spent writing that book, since you're so convinced. But hey, who am I kidding, right?
                    I think the answer to that one is you, mate.
                    Iconoclast

Comment

I think we’re starting to sense that you don’t quite have your head in the game right now.

Think I’ll take a rain check on this utterly surreal exchange.
                      Translation: I've no solid evidence that any pub known as the Poste House existed in Liverpool in 1888, other than the one that is historically and locally known by that name at this current time.

Ergo, this notion that Maybrick was in some different pub named in the same unique way, is a bit silly.

No worries, Ike, I thought as much.

Comment

Translation: I've no solid evidence that any pub known as the Poste House existed in Liverpool in 1888, other than the one that is historically and locally known by that name at this current time.

Ergo, this notion that Maybrick was in some different pub named in the same unique way, is a bit silly.

Now I’m wondering if you are the wind-up merchant.

You do know what a post house is, right?

It’s generally speaking NOT the name of a pub.
                        Iconoclast

Comment

I think the answer to that one is you, mate.
                          Not really.

You say you've no time to write a book, yet you're on here, seemingly most days out of the week, and you spend an awful lot of time responding. Your posts go back a long way, and most of the time, you're the only one typing in this section.

Yet, you've no time to put your face and name to a book promoting what you believe to be an obvious solution to an historic puzzle?

Mmmkay.

Comment

Nice to chat, but your brilliant analyses have left me floundering. Obviously I don’t have any other hobbies so I’m just going to leave it here to watch the football instead ...
                            Iconoclast

Comment

Now I’m wondering if you are the wind-up merchant.

You do know what a post house is, right?

It’s generally speaking NOT the name of a pub.
                              Totally. Maybrick was just taking refreshment in a post office while he waited for his fresh supply of stamps to write all of those letters to the police.

Comment

Nice to chat, but your brilliant analyses have left me floundering. Obviously I don’t have any other hobbies so I’m just going to leave it here to watch the football instead ...
                                Good lad, never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn, and all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X