Tumblety's Family Gravesite AND his Nephew's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
    Absolutely. She had that intangible something, had it in spades, and nobody she shares the screen with even comes close. Here are some of my favourite stills, including one where she is about to meet her fate at Jack's hands.

[ATTACH]17859[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17860[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17862[/ATTACH]
    She was an amazing woman. Between her, Clara Bow, and Colleen Moore they popularized the "Bobbed" permanent.

She was the most seductively quiet silent film siren, and I almost preferred her to Garbo. She did not think much of Dietrich, who she felt was manufactured (not quite true - Von Sternberg saw himself as her Svengali, but Dietrich was more original than that).

Brooks had a dry spell after her film career ended (in a John Wayne film!) in the 1930s, but she found a second as a film archivist worker in Rochester (the George Eastman Film collection) and as a writer. A good writer too.

Jeff

Comment

a drop bear?

Huh?
      Most savage creature known to man and she is holding one.

This urban legend focuses on bush walkers having been known to be 'dropped on' by drop bears, resulting in injury including mainly lacerations and occasionally bites.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

A bear by any other name...

a drop bear?

Huh?
        Otherwise known as a "koala bear"... Looks like a stuffed toy to me..
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          No looks like a real one the way it's left paw is gripping her.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            No looks like a real one the way it's left paw is gripping her.
            Or on closer inspection both paws.
            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              That's what The Australian Tourism Board wants you to think!

Koala is Dharug for killer.

Don't get GUT started on Hoop Snakes and Wombats.
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I recently made the trek to the grave site as well and was wondering the same about the spelling of the names. I appreciate the breakdown. I was kind of along the same lines of thinking but wasn't really finding much to back up my hypothesis. Appreciate it. Tumblety would be easier to spell than many of the other variations.

Comment

Working...
                X