The name's Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elmore 77 View Post
    Thanks Wickerman, I could well have deluded myself,it's easy to see what you want to see.He's an interesting character and may well be a paragon of virtue.I'd like to know more about him,cheers
    Hi Elmore.

I'm really only responding to the suggestion that Dr Bond was in a good position to deceive the police.
    He could have deceived Anderson, but Swanson and the inspectors investigating the case had Dr Phillips autopsy to work with.

Anderson was certainly in a position to redirect the course of the investigation if he chose to do so, however not so easy if what he learned from Dr. Bond ran counter to the opinion of Dr. Phillips.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

^
      Hi Wickerman,
      I was taking my lead from Prosectors book,where he says Bond did a post mortem in situ and also one at the mortuary, but I accept what you say,there are plenty of things I'm unaware of.If I just carry on and put my idea up I'd appreciate your input,I'm flying a kite and need a more knowledgeable critical eye cast over it.And I meant to say 'write his own script' not cheque

Comment

[URL="forum.casebook.org/archive/index.php/t-41
        47.html"
        Interesting article

Comment

I'm asking questions about Bond's character as some of what he does and says could be construed as unusual.He appears to be above suspicion and we can't have that,we have to look at every possibility.
          Harold Shipman was a popular,respected pillar of the community until they found out he was killing his patients by giving them heroin overdoses.He was linked to around 200 murders.
          Jimmy Saville was a popular radio and TV personality.When he died it was discovered he had sexually molested hundreds,if not thousands of people including, I believe, one women who was on a hospital trolley dying of cancer.He was so trusted he had his own keys and gave advice on running a mental hospital.
          Deviousness can be hard to spot,psychopaths aren't stupid.Both men were pillars of society and had successful deviant careers for many years.
          My question is, was Bond a psychopath and did he take a Machiavellian grip on the Ripper investigation?
          When he killed Annie Chapman ,the killer made a mistake in that he did such a good job it was obvious to Phillips that the perp was a medical man and the police began inquiries on those lines.
          I speculate that if the killer was a doctor and wanted to continue,he had to divert attention from the medical profession otherwise it was only a matter of time before people started to ask awkward questions.Next we get 'Dear Boss' where the author writes 'they say I'm a doctor now ha ha'.It could be argued that in trying to push the police away from the idea of a doctor,it's actually an admission that he is one.
          The double event looks a bit of a mess,but is it deliberately done that way to twist the investigation?Prosector posted details to argue for someone with anatomical knowledge,Brown says so too but is asked if a butcher could have done it and says yes.I suggest that the eyelids are done that way because the killer couldn't resist showing how skilled he is.Narcissism,classic psychopath.
          There is a longer gap to Millers Court,during which Bond is brought in.My question is ,has he injected himself into the investigation,as we are told criminals sometimes do or is it all totally innocent?Was this longer time gap due to Bond's appointment?
          Eventually we get Bond's statement saying the perp wasn't even a butcher,and the end result is confusion,we don't know what to think.The idea that Jack is a medical man has been totally downgraded to that of a dung gatherer.I propose that Bond misled the police with that statment.He was in a position of trust and when he spoke they listened,he had influence.He may be innocent but we have to ask the question,if it could be shown that he had leanings towards psychopathy it might be a start.Then there is the profile.Why did he write that?Is it about himself?What power did that have over the minds of the police?I find the idea that the first criminal profile was written by Jack The Ripper so appealing,it would fit so well with the weird humour the perp appears to have,but it couldn''t happen,could it?
          Stranger things have happened at sea
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by elmore 77 View Post
            ^
            Hi Wickerman,
            I was taking my lead from Prosectors book,where he says Bond did a post mortem in situ and also one at the mortuary,...
            Hi Elmore.

Prosector is correct, we can tell from Dr. Bond's description of Kelly's body on the bed that he was present along with other doctors in Millers Court on Friday. We also know from other sources that he assisted Dr. Phillips on Saturday, the day of the official autopsy.

I'm not sure if you are aware, Dr. Bond's brief post-mortem report is mentioned in the press:

"Dr. G.B. Phillips, the divisional surgeon of the H Division, whose reticence is justified by an assurance he gave of secrecy, has copious notes of the result of the post-mortem examination, and with nearly every conclusion at which he has arrived. Dr. Thomas Bond, of Westminster, a well-known expert on crimes of violence, agrees. Dr. Phillips has only vaguely indicated to the local police the result of his investigations, but a report on the question has, it has been asserted, been jointly made by him and Dr. Bond, and submitted to Sir Charles Warren."
            Echo, 10 Nov.

As can be seen, Dr. Bond's report was the result of input from both Phillips & Bond.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

How long before EVERYONE connected to the case in some capacity is accused of being Jack the Ripper?

Comment

As can be seen, Dr. Bond's report was the result of input from both Phillips & Bond.[/QUOTE]
                Thanks Wickerman,what I'm thinking is if he is in the right place at the right time,he could plausibly talk the 'medical man' idea out of the equation.He seems to make a habit of contradicting other doctors(see Rose Mylett) and his views always seem to carry the most weight.Is there anything sinister about him?I think there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                  How long before EVERYONE connected to the case in some capacity is accused of being Jack the Ripper?
                  If research was to show strong indications of psychopathy,we would have a dangerous man who works and lives very close to the Whitehall torso with serious anatomical skill and knowledge who has military experience .Most of the torso parts were found in and around the river in the 2 mile stretch to the west of Whitehall.He probably only kills poor people and there was a workhouse and infirmary at the north end of Battersea bridge.If he has a connection to it in any way,it would add weight to my theory
                  127 years and we've got a big fat zero ,I say he's worth a proper looking at
                  cheers Harry

Comment

Think they already have along with many who were nowhere near the case and some who were nowhere near the company.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Think they already have along with many who were nowhere near the case and some who were nowhere near the company.
                      Damn auto correct, "country".
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Another coincedence,body parts being pulled out of Thames around Battersea in 1873,the year Bond started at Westminster Hospital

Comment

I thought Bond had been practicing in Westminster since 1867?

What does Battersea have to do with Westminster?
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Careful what you wish for, Harry, or it'll be you next!
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              Thats odd On a recent trip to Wales gossip in the pub was that the JtR murders were committed by a stocking welshman with dark curly hair, around average height.....or did someone slip me a micky Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Thought that maybe Pierre meant all of us as a team.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X