No announcement yet.

The Lodger remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least you didn't pay for it if you saw it "on the net." Thanks for your contribution to piracy.
    Bailey
    Wellington, New Zealand
    hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
    www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
      Well, at least you didn't pay for it if you saw it "on the net." Thanks for your contribution to piracy.
      No problem
      Thank god there is 'piracy' when movies are as crap as that, its the least they deserve
      Last edited by I_AM_JACK; 02-11-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

And, ladies and gentlemen, that is the attitude that results in the loss of millions of dollars world wide in the film and video rental industry, and last week cost me my job when the owners of my store fnally decided that revenue is down so much in the last couple of years that they can no longer afford a manager.

Movie piracy - hurts nobody.

B.
        Bailey
        Wellington, New Zealand
        hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
        www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Balls to that!

I worked in retail management between 2000 and 2005 at a video/DVD retail/rental store, employing 10 staff, as part of National Chain employing over a thousand people.

There was a market locally, and a couple of Chinese folks selling pirated dvds, cds, and games.

The store would run at a loss whenever the market was open, and the local council and trading standards did nothing to help, and eventually I had to start cutting hours and telling good friends, that I couldn't afford to keep them on the payroll.

So bad was the situation, that in late 2004 early 2005, I left, and worked in an industry where piracy wouldn't affect my takings.

In 2006 the store closed, by 2007, the entire company had folded.

Piracy costs jobs, it costs the industry money, and has a knock on afect on both local, national and international economy.
          Regards Mike

Comment

One thing I like about this movie is the representation of the killings. The women die quickly and then you get the impression the murderer is slicing and tugging at the entrails (all the gruesome stuff is off camera really)

It shows graphically though, how quickly the victim can be silenced and major mutilation carried out - a matter of a few minutes really.

The double murder was ludicrous etc etc Why so many mistakes after referencing Casebook? Artistic licence I suppose.

Worth watching I think, but should be on TV as a B-movie

Comment

Whoa ! That movie was really bad !

And I bought it so I can say this : IT--WAS--AWFUL--!

And the final twist (I won't spoil it, don't worry) really sucked.

When can we expect a good movie about the ripper ?

(personally I haven't see one since the Michael Caine TV Film)

Cheers,

Al.

Comment

The Lodger remake

I watched this dvd today. I have to say I didn't hate it as much as some others did! Now, I don't think that it is brilliant, but it is not dreadful either. I liked the fact that it was a fictional use of the case, and not another awful docu-drama (like From Hell). No, the finer points of the story are nowhere near right, but then it doesn't need to be to tell a story. It is not the best fictional story based on JtR (which in my opinion is Deadly Advice, or maybe Sanctuary) but it is not the worst. At least Sickert didn't get a mention!

Comment

I just watched it on DVD.

I liked it, to be honest. I didn't go in with any expectations in particular and came out the other side rather pleasantly surprised.

There were many parallels with the original Lodger story, but like a 1960s James Bond film where it usually starts off by following the plot of the original book and then goes off on a tangent, this one eventually seemed to cover ground in the same way as the TV series 'Whitechapel'.

The 'whodunit' angle kept me gripped right up to the last few minutes.

If anybody else is thinking of watching it, give a go; then judge for yourselves.

Comment

I think the story should have been set in Victorian era. The trailer looked so bad I won´t see this. Twist in the end, eh? Let me guess: the murderer is the detective in case or something.
                    Me?
                    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

Working...
                    X