Rippercast Episode 60- Current Events and the Conference in Salisbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    You won't remember her, I think she retired. Her credibility took a nosedive when people thought she agreed with the conclusions in Tim Prescott's book.

This site needs a "LMAO" button.

Comment

Hey serya and Monty,

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll of course retreat to my time honored...If it were not for all of those many people who know a hell of a lot more about the case than I do agreeing to spend their free time discussing it on the record, there would never have been a podcast. I do my best to present them, but the real stars of show are the guests.

Unless Ally is on, and then she is the star.

All the best.

JM

Comment

Ally is indeed a star. I would probably buy pay-per-view of her and Trevor Marriott in a cage match discussion of any random piece of fabric. She's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by serya View Post
          Ally is indeed a star. I would probably buy pay-per-view of her and Trevor Marriott in a cage match discussion of any random piece of fabric. She's awesome.
          Wow, so there's still one person willing to pay money for something with Trevor M's name on it?

Yours truly,

Tim Prescott
          Destroyer of Reputations

Comment

excellent pod

That really was an enjoyable one. Perhaps I was starved as well, anyway: brilliant.

Ally and Jonathan should continue alternating, would take some workload off J.'s shoulder's and could thus result in more pods [?], and Ally did a superb job.

Incidentally, I'm sure this has been tackled somewhere in the various 'shawlgate'-threads, but what's Mr. Edwards' idea - to neglect the mitochondrial issue for a moment, and, uhm, others - about how the semen got on Kate's shawl/sari/whatever in the 1st place, if indeed Kosminski was the one leaving it there? I'm asking because it's this really big hit debate subject: the timing. The baffle about the perp having accomplished everything he did within this really short - established - time, even if we're generous about kidneys;
            am I now to understand that he also found time to...

My respect also for the panel's good will regarding the Edwards' team hesitation efforts, but waiting for them to answer the key-question... - one would think that a conference like this is just the place.
            I'd like to know about Dr. Louhelainen and what he's about to do - doing it once, before a repeat, then a repeat by others, and foremost all this secrecy, that's not how proper science is usually done. Regardless the method and its value.

Shining Ally-moments:

'We were all outsiders to the field at some point.'

'I have an 'unreasoning' dislike of the woman...'

'You're so very British in this lead-up, just get to it, man, be an American, get to it.'

'I'm in America, what's a newspaper?'

'It's the Bs, the Bs get me all the time.'

and, in response to the proposed 'prize':

'I'm out!'
            Last edited by sepiae; 01-07-2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by serya View Post
              Ally is indeed a star.
              Only by day. At dusk she turns into...

Comment

Wow, that captures my essence perfectly. Especially the abs. Those are exactly right. Minor niggle: my alter ego is Queen Mean, Ego Annihilator. Tsk.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, they are much appreciated. Hopefully we'll be back soon with another podcast now that the holidays are over.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

abs absent from my dic

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                  Wow, that captures my essence perfectly. Especially the abs. Those are exactly right. Minor niggle: my alter ego is Queen Mean, Ego Annihilator. Tsk.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, they are much appreciated. Hopefully we'll be back soon with another podcast now that the holidays are over.
                  Uh, this foreign cuttlefish's mental dictionary is apparently incomplete, so it can only deduce the meaning of 'abs' from context.
                  Otherwise submarine search engines are, as always, of help:

abs:
                  Australian Bureau of Statistics [hum..., no, doesn't make sense]
                  Anti-lock braking system [nope. or actually...]
                  Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene [for a second there I was positive. (C8H8)x· (C4H6)y·(C3H3N)z). 'Especially the abs. Those are exactly right'. See?]
                  American Bureau of Shipping [absolutely not]
                  Then there's also ABS Airbags, but...

I'll work on a Queen Mean, Annihilator of Ego, Destroyer of Self-Esteem, Conqueror of Pride-image.
                  Gee.

Comment

Originally posted by sepiae View Post
                    Uh, this foreign cuttlefish's mental dictionary is apparently incomplete, so it can only deduce the meaning of 'abs' from context.
                    Otherwise submarine search engines are, as always, of help:
                    Try a Google image search.

Comment

abs found

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Try a Google image search.
                      Yuh, thanks Chris

Yeah, it's a vigilante super-heroine's nightly work-out...

Comment

Originally posted by sepiae View Post
                        Only by day. At dusk she turns into...
                        Oh lord, what have I done?

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                          Oh lord, what have I done?

JM
                          Yees...
                          Yes, what indeed?

It's not you on the leash [left]. It's Trevor Marriott...

Comment

Yes, yes.

All in good fun, I understand.

Though sorry I cannot endorse such images. Guests take time out of their busy day to appear to answer questions on the podcast (Trevor particularly was a good sport in that regard) and I am grateful for that.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                              Yes, yes.

All in good fun, I understand.

Though sorry I cannot endorse such images. Guests take time out of their busy day to appear to answer questions on the podcast (Trevor particularly was a good sport in that regard) and I am grateful for that.

JM
                              I regret that you see it this way, and apologize, both to you and anyone who might feel offended. A joke that includes a person might be understood as going on the respective person's expense. It certainly goes so with an open ridiculing - this wasn't meant this way, the lower half more as a comment on Ally's bold and honest relationship with both of them. Perhaps an image is still more potentially insulting than a message board comment.
                              But I understand your sentiment. Please decide on whether taking the image down. It'd be certainly better than if causing hard feelings.

Comment

It's not my place to decide about taking the thing down. You have the right to post whatever you like, comment or image. Admin controls the content of the message boards

I felt the need to state my view. This is a thread devoted to the show. As the name behind the show, it's creator and host, I'm stating that I appreciate authors, especially the more controversial ones, coming on to have a free and open discussion of their books, and find it in bad taste to see that their appearance on the podcast is later used to lampoon them. And, why would Patty Cornwell come on Rippercast if she saw that a Rippercast thread on the website that sponsors the show had photoshopped her face onto a leash like a dog? And the host said nothing?

Listeners to Rippercast can post and comment on whatever they like, and I can come along and reply to those posts, which I've done.

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X