Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrant Cemeteries

The mind can only boggle :

A quarter of burial authorities will run out space in 10 years and some areas have already completely run out of space, according to a survey of English cemeteries

In Britain cremations will become compulsory. It's got to happen eventually.
    This is simply my opinion

Comment

Maybe burial at sea will become more common?
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Ocean waters are limey enough as it is.

Comment

I was born in 1986, the last time that Halley's comet flew by Earth. I have often toyed with putting a provision in my will saying that if I do not live to actually see Halley's comet come back in my 70's, I want my remains to be launched onto the comet via rocket.

Surely, by then the private space launch industry will be robust enough that somebody will offer this service. Only government regulations protecting the comet as some kind of space preserve can stop me!

Comment

Remember Remember the 5th of November...

A very old friend of mine named Paul (we first shared a school desk when we were aged six) was a prominent member (the Bishop) of one of the Lewes Bonfire Societies (if you're unfamiliar with these please google...I sometimes think they run the town...sometimes I fantasise they don't)

When he was sadly struck by a car, run down and killed, whilst wheeling his bike home, his partner and executors honoured his final wishes...his body was cremated, and his ashes were launched into the sky in a firework rocket on the next November 5th...what a way to go...

All the best

Dave

Comment

the mind does boggle, hey Robert?
              “be just and fear not”

Comment

Well Jenni, I mean...vibrant places....where you can meet people...

One might think that cemeteries should be quiet places where you can think of the departed.

But nope! Vibrant places where you can meet people.

Comment

Agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOGGLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dreading this crematoria lark!!!!! NOT a happy prospect- remember that James Bond movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agh!!!!
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Not even if it's a vibrant crematorium?

Comment

Hello you all!

The thing in common with Sweden and Finland; they are separately bigger than the British isles together.

So, maybe founding new cemeteries here and cheap flights for the British relatives... Aargh, a fit of poeism once again. Sorry!

All the best
                      Jukka
                      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I personally have never understood the purpose of cemeteries so I am not bothered. I have no need to visit a love one who is stuck in a box and rotting in the ground. Their body isn't them anyway so I don't see the issue.

Ash me and dump me down the disposal for all I care.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I've always imagined that those very expensive coffins are sold back to the undertakers and all the corpses are thrown into one fire at the end of that day.
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

I think on the whole I would prefer burial but I will watch out for these little buggers :

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, some people have wondered how I visit the grave of my parents so seldom.

They are now with me right at the moment, when I am thinking about them.

All the best
                              Jukka
                              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                              X