X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
    I have no OS maps
    Hi proto

You can get them on Amazon for about 5 dollars each maximum.
    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Thank You

Thanks Stephen! I will try and fit that into my budget. I am a recent college grad with no job, no income and about $55,000 in debt. The 1888 Dickens Directory was only $20 and it was borrowed. Dave
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
        Thanks Stephen! I will try and fit that into my budget. I am a recent college grad with no job, no income and about $55,000 in debt.
        Don't worry, Dave. You're a smart young guy and you'll be OK.
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Stephen, I try not to let it shag me. It's not like they can repossess it, is it. Dave

Comment

• omnibus routes

Red is of course the district. Green and Blue merge. I have them all but these are in the nieghborhood so to speak. Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dave, I just emailed you a list of crimes from 1888. I probably put in more than you are interested in but feel free to only use the ones that are of interest.

Eventually I would like to start a new thread on East End, London geography during this time period. I can't tell you how difficult it is to find some of these locations on a map and I have several! And some of these streets don't even show up on the 1890 census at all for some reason. And don't even get me started on "pub" names which seem to have some connection to probably half of the crimes of the period! Why the Victorians couldn't actually give their pubs UNIQUE names is beyond me...I understand many people were illiterate but still! Call your pub the "Pink Elephant" or the "flying tortoise" or something like that. Instead there will like 30 pubs all called "The Phoenix" or the "Crown". Just telling someone to meet you at the "Crown" in Mile End was definitely no guarantee that you would end up in the same place as your companion!

Sorry please ignore my rant.
              Jeff

Comment

• Thank you ever so much Pinkerton! You are my new best friend, supplanting my dentist. You need to download and install the free version of google earth brother. I will plot these and send them to you as kmz files. If I put them all on one map, it would all be pins. This way I can hook you up with some maps also. Your new best friend, Dave

Comment

• 1-20

here are 1 -20 Pinkerton. Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

• The wheels on the bus go round and round

regular bus services plus the district. Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

• choo choo

Railroad tracks indicated on the directory map. I apologize for taking so long in getting them up but the map is not exactly easy to read. Red tapezoid is what always is. These are just the ones on the top right corner of the map. It is not that I buy the marauder model so much as I have the data and should share it. Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

• update

Just an update...Pinkerton is a ROCKSTAR and has tabulated the press and paper accounts of crime for several papers and the Old Bailey and Middlesex sessions. I will be plotting these and then,as is my way, correllating them. The combined data will give us a very good idea of background criminality. Thank You Pinkerton for the class! Dave

Comment

• other hoods

The first alternate hood is Whitechapel Murder File.The area being defined by the cases that are on the perimeter. This would be the hood if all cases in WMF were in the accepted grouping.Dave
                          Attached Files

Comment

• WMF sans Mylett

Since we have Sir Robert Anderson's personal crime scene observations on this victim, it is not hard to conceive of why she was remitted as a 'ripper' victim. Dave
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 1888 hood

If the grouping criterion was the year of victim discovery(1888). You can mentally remit the Mylett wing as she was one case we can be certain of case specifics being used to decide on 'tipper inclusion'. Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

• throat cut

Hood if throat cut were the crierion. This does not include dismemberments. Note we are getting closer to the Hood we all know. Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X