Another "Groundbreaking" Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Groundbreaking" Theory

Another "Groundbreaking" Theory - was the Ripper a woman.

Just noticed this on today's news. Well I've never heard of the theory of the Ripper being a woman before (sarcastic).

The bold theory has been put forward in a new novel about the Victorian serial killer, whose elusive identity has occupied criminologists for more than a century.

And no - I am not the author lol

A silly book with a stupid theory to make a few quick bucks trading on murders. Nothing new there then.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      A silly book with a stupid theory to make a few quick bucks trading on murders. Nothing new there then.
      Probably a description that applies to most JtR books.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Very clever idea though wonder why no one thought of it before.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Next someone will sat it's a conspiracy or some famous artist.

Hey maybe I can write a book on one of those!
          G U T

Comment

lol GUT - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but also one of the most effective

Comment

Originally posted by thegaff View Post
              lol GUT - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but also one of the most effective
              I was serious though.
              G U T

Comment

lol GUT - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
                I once made a sarcastic comment to my physics teacher (a genuinely funny guy), who instantly responded: "Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but it's the highest form to which the witless can aspire... as you've just demonstrated". Classic.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

You beat me to it, I was just going to post the link to the article.

Comment

Hi.
                    As a theory a salvation army killer, may well be a plausible suggestion, not certain about a woman , but not impossible....
                    ''You will say nothing but your prayers'' The 39 pillars, even the writing on the wall, could all hold significant clues to a religious murderer ..who would apprehend a woman /man dressed as a salvation army member...?
                    Regards Richard.

Comment

The following generation produced Biddy the Chivver, a formidable Spitalfields woman who was proficient with knife and axe. One of her techniques was to 'garrotte' (throttle to unconsciousness) unsuspecting punters whom she then robbed. So the idea of a woman ripper at least has a...what's the opposite of a precedent?

MrB
                      Last edited by MrBarnett; 07-14-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Yet again this mystery is finally solved .
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Another "Groundbreaking" Theory - was the Ripper a woman.

Just noticed this on today's news. Well I've never heard of the theory of the Ripper being a woman before (sarcastic).

The bold theory has been put forward in a new novel about the Victorian serial killer, whose elusive identity has occupied criminologists for more than a century.

And no - I am not the author lol
                          I am LOL, and actually the novel has been listed on this and other Ripper sites for a good while. http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=58

The idea of a woman being the Ripper is only part of my take on the matter. The Huffington Post goes into the matter a little more deeply: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...tml?1405341744

I certainly don't claim that this is 'case closed'. It's simply a possibility - but one which I feel is as likely some others - and a lot more likely than a good many other candidates for the Whitechapel murderer.

But I'll be happy to debate the matter

Comment

Hi Bill,

Slightly connfused.....Is it fiction that you believe to be true and if so, is the murderer named an actual person who existed ?
                            If not...why would you come to these conclusions.

regards

Comment

Hi everyone

I don't think a woman could have actually perpetrated this murder. IMO I think if a woman had done this the hair would have been attacked also.That sounds nuts but women are more cattish in their approach to attacking other women. Also the level of injuries inflicted, I feel do not seem like that of a woman culprit.
                              I'm not ruling out a woman being somehow involved though.

Comment

Working...
                              X