Most Ridiculous Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Has this guy been suggested as a suspect Dave? Is there any more info around?
    Just mucking around

Sam nailed it.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Just mucking around

Sam nailed it.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Surgeon Reynolds appeared in the classic film "Zulu". Seems a decent enough chap.
        Ah.......I’ll get my coat
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

For reasons of my own I tend towards Druitt.

But even he is a looooooooong way behind Mr U. N. Known who leads the field by miles.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, and apologies for the tangent, but as we have Hutchinson and Lechmere as witness who are now looked at as suspects does anyone have any suggestions for other witnesses (or just people with a connection) who might be worth a second look as potential suspects?
            Bite your tongue!!!!

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, and apologies for the tangent, but as we have Hutchinson and Lechmere as witness who are now looked at as suspects does anyone have any suggestions for other witnesses (or just people with a connection) who might be worth a second look as potential suspects?
              Of all the ludicrous suspects you listed earlier, I think Bachert deserves a bit more investigation. He at least definitely inserted himself into the case several times.
              Are there any books which have him as a suspect?

Comment

We’ve also had Richardson, McCarthy, Bower and Diemschutz.

I think the issue is that some are so desperate to solve the identity of the killer they’ll look an anyone whose name is known. Hence celebrities and witnesses.

They just can’t accept unknown.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Surgeon Reynolds appeared in the classic film "Zulu". Seems a decent enough chap.
                  Yeah, not like that no good pte Hook, he was a bit of a wrongun!

(actually I think he was of very good character in real life and his family complained about his somewhat negative portrayal in the film)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1n View Post
                    What, it's been suggested before?
                    Yes, I believe it stems from the (possibly apocryphal) tales that, after the battle of Isandlwana,the victorious Zulu warriors disembwelled the British dead. When the relief column arrived (too late, after dark) they had to spend the night amongst the mutilated corpses of their former comrades.

Comment

I vaguely recall somebody on this forum attempting to argue that the Ghoulston Street Graffiti was a reference to a Tottenham match from a few days earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                        Yes, I believe it stems from the (possibly apocryphal) tales that, after the battle of Isandlwana,the victorious Zulu warriors disembwelled the British dead. When the relief column arrived (too late, after dark) they had to spend the night amongst the mutilated corpses of their former comrades.
                        I knew about the Isandlwana incident but, didn't know a surgeon from that campaign had been suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                          Of all the ludicrous suspects you listed earlier, I think Bachert deserves a bit more investigation. He at least definitely inserted himself into the case several times.
                          Are there any books which have him as a suspect?
                          I summarised the case against Bachert in my book.

Mick Priestly's One Autumn in Whitechapel has the full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1n View Post
                            I knew about the Isandlwana incident but, didn't know a surgeon from that campaign had been suggested.
                            Now I think back, it may not have been a surgeon that was proposed. You're right, a surgeon is a ridiculous suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulWilliams View Post
                              I summarised the case against Bachert in my book.

Mick Priestly's One Autumn in Whitechapel has the full details.
                              Thanks Paul, I will try and look up both books.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the killer did have some form of combat training. He seems to have dispatched these women cleanly and efficiently. Yes, we have the reported cries from Annie Chapman and Mary Kelly but nothing that raised the alarm. It was unbelievable that no one heard anything in Mitre Square, for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X