X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Next time I'm down under I'll bring you a copy Gut

Amanda

Oh I'll eventually get it don't worry about that.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

For anyone interested, the Museum of London are hosting an exhibition of the Black Museum collection. Many of you will know that these articles haven't been on public display before.
      The exhibition will run from mid-October to April 2016 & items include the medical bag owned by Dr.Cream.

Amanda
      I doubt I will be in London in that period. Thanks, though, for the information. Don't suppose they are giving free samples of strychnine?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
        I doubt I will be in London in that period. Thanks, though, for the information. Don't suppose they are giving free samples of strychnine?
        Only if you're a good thief! Cream's medical bag has all the vials intact, except for one........so who do you think he used that one on?????

Amanda

Comment

Hi Jon,
          The rumours didn't start until years later, when Sir Edward Marshal Hall claimed (in his memoirs) that he defended Cream on a bigamy charge.
          Hall stated that Cream had used a double to serve his time in Joliet. He also said that Cream was acquitted on the bigamy charge as he was serving time in an Australian prison.
          Funnily enough the title for my book was originally going to be 'Double Cream'.
          As I dug deeper however, I found that Cream had never set foot in Australia.

Sorry about the wait for my book release date, hope you feel it's worth it
          Amanda

Amanda
          Thanks Amanda.

The reason I asked, I came across a press article from Sept. 1895, that recalls a friend of Matilda Clover, known as "Fred". The article mentions some confusion between the features of Neil Cream, and this "Fred".
          There is also a recollection of an older interview with Ex-Detective-Sergeant M'Intyre, who shortly after Creams execution says he met a man who was Cream's double in Kentish Town.

I was under the impression the suggestion of Cream having and using a double was quite late in origin, more an attempt to create a conspiracy than portray a fact.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Thanks Amanda.

The reason I asked, I came across a press article from Sept. 1895, that recalls a friend of Matilda Clover, known as "Fred". The article mentions some confusion between the features of Neil Cream, and this "Fred".
            There is also a recollection of an older interview with Ex-Detective-Sergeant M'Intyre, who shortly after Creams execution says he met a man who was Cream's double in Kentish Town.

I was under the impression the suggestion of Cream having and using a double was quite late in origin, more an attempt to create a conspiracy than portray a fact.
            Hi Jon,
            Yes, you're right there was confusion. 'Fred' was actually the father of Matilda Clover's baby & Cream was mistakenly identified as him by Lucy Rose the housemaid at Clover's lodging house (she saw him late at night in a stairwell leaving the building)at the initial police enquiry.
            However, when Lucy Rose actually saw Cream in daylight at his trial, she was unable to positively identify him.

As for McIntyre's interview, the description he gave actually resembled Cream as he was before his incarceration at Joliet. During his sentence, Cream's physique deteriorated a great deal & he looked little like his former self.
            Now, to add mystery, there WAS a gentleman living not too far away who DID look like Cream in his younger days....but that's for another day.....
            Amanda

Comment

I'm I right in thinking that cream inherited a large sum of money and this could have been used to bribe himself out of the clink.
              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Correct Pinkie.

Comment

Oh to find out that cream was out about during the ripper murders very exciting in fact perhaps the most exciting thing in the ripper world for years so pleased I've pre ordered this book.
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    Oh to find out that cream was out about during the ripper murders very exciting in fact perhaps the most exciting thing in the ripper world for years so pleased I've pre ordered this book.
                    Little puzzle for you.....Cream couldn't access the money until he was free from jail. How would he bribe his way out?

Amanda

Comment

Questions,questions I can't wait for the book to arrive so I can find out the answers.

Comment

Be patient my little pink friend, it's only two weeks to go.

Looking forward to your honest review.
                        Amanda

Comment

It's going to be so refreshing to read a ripper related book that actually contains facts .

Comment

It's going to be so refreshing to read a ripper related book that actually contains facts .
                            And it definitely won't be my last. Lots of exciting stuff to share with you all..
                            Amanda

Comment

There has been to many books over the years that have contained to much guess work and not enough facts so I await "prisoner 4374" with great excitement.

Comment

There has been to many books over the years that have contained to much guess work and not enough facts so I await "prisoner 4374" with great excitement.
                                Only two weeks to go, launch date is 29th May

Really appreciate your kind words & support.

Amanda

Comment

Working...
                                X