Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reward for Ghastly Murders in the East End.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reward for Ghastly Murders in the East End.

The "Saucy Jacky" postcard is the name of a message received in 1888, which claims to have been written by the serial killer now known as Jack the Ripper. There were many hoax letters delivered at the time but the police believed this one to be an authentic letter written by the Whitechapel killer. It held information to have the police publish a facsimile of it in hopes that someone might recognise the handwriting. The postcard has fingerprint smears on it. Francis Thompson, is one of those suspected for the murders. During the murders he was living homeless in the East End. Two years before his death a plaster cast was made of his hand. It might show his fingerprints. In 1948 it went missing. If you find it and show that the print on the cast’s thumb is the same as on the Ripper letter, you will have solved one of the world’s greatest mysteries. You will be talked about in history books and your fame will make you rich. Your wildest dreams will come true.

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.
    Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
    The "Saucy Jacky" postcard is the name of a message received in 1888, which claims to have been written by the serial killer now known as Jack the Ripper. There were many hoax letters delivered at the time but the police believed this one to be an authentic letter written by the Whitechapel killer. It held information to have the police publish a facsimile of it in hopes that someone might recognise the handwriting. The postcard has fingerprint smears on it. Francis Thompson, is one of those suspected for the murders. During the murders he was living homeless in the East End. Two years before his death a plaster cast was made of his hand. It might show his fingerprints. In 1948 it went missing. If you find it and show that the print on the cast’s thumb is the same as on the Ripper letter, you will have solved one of the world’s greatest mysteries. You will be talked about in history books and your fame will make you rich. Your wildest dreams will come true.

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.
    Even in this day and age fingerprint evidence is not infallible.

Only about 10% of all fingerprints found at crime scenes are suitable for evidential purposes. Normally courts look for at least 8 identifying features from a fingerprint.

Each time a person is arrested their fingerprints are taken. This is because people prints change for example someone gashing their hand or fingers, leaving a scar would alter their previous set of prints.

If in fact what you suggest are smudged fingerprints then there is very little chance of obtaining a usable fingerprint due to the smudging. In any event for the document to be subjected to examination their is a process called a Ninhydrin test which in effect means a documents is coated with Ninhydrin and then in lay mans terms baked to reveal any prints. So with regards to valuable and historical documents I doubt permission would be granted.

Maybe you should also have experimented with a plaster cast to see what if any prints are revealed before throwing down the gauntlet.

But I guess its a novel way of promoting your book

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 12-27-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

For somebody who signs off all his posts with the web address leading to a site promoting his own books, it is a tad over the top to suggest that Richard is trying to sell his book by posting about the possibilities of a fingerprint match to reveal the identity of the Ripper.
      I don´t think Thompson was the Ripper. I don´t think the letter with the fingerprint is very likely to be genuine. I believe that since Thompson was left-handed, the likely thing is that he would hold the letter with his right hand and write with his left. And so I do not invest much in the possibilities of the Ripper being identified this way.
      But! I do think it is immensely interesting and very uplifting to note how suggestions of a forensically working solution to the case actually can be suggested! And I applaud Richard for it for that very reason.

There are way too many disheartening and uncharitable posters out here as it is. We´d do well to avoid spewing over good efforts for the hell of it. And if we feel we want to do it anyway, hinting at how somebody is only interested in selling books is not the optimal thing to do when you sign off by linking to the web place where you try to flog your own ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        For somebody who signs off all his posts with the web address leading to a site promoting his own books, it is a tad over the top to suggest that Richard is trying to sell his book by posting about the possibilities of a fingerprint match to reveal the identity of the Ripper.
        I don´t think Thompson was the Ripper. I don´t think the letter with the fingerprint is very likely to be genuine. I believe that since Thompson was left-handed, the likely thing is that he would hold the letter with his right hand and write with his left. And so I do not invest much in the possibilities of the Ripper being identified this way.
        But! I do think it is immensely interesting and very uplifting to note how suggestions of a forensically working solution to the case actually can be suggested! And I applaud Richard for it for that very reason.

There are way too many disheartening and uncharitable posters out here as it is. We´d do well to avoid spewing over good efforts for the hell of it. And if we feel we want to do it anyway, hinting at how somebody is only interested in selling books is not the optimal thing to do when you sign off by linking to the web place where you try to flog your own ones.
        You really have you head still buried in the sand, and only see what you want to see and interpret things in a way that suits you

I was actually applauding Richard for his novel way of getting exposure for his book. Next time you want to stick your trunk in make sure you have all the facts and read the posts first.

Just for you see below !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you got your copy yet?

Author of Jack the Ripper-The Real truth
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 12-27-2018, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          You really have you head still buried in the sand, and only see what you want to see and interpret things in a way that suits you

I was actually applauding Richard for his novel way of getting exposure for his book. Next time you want to stick your trunk in make sure you have all the facts and read the posts first.

Author of Jack the Ripper-The Real truth
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper...5907949&sr=1-1
          One can only say that you managed to disguise your applauds very effectively. Stating that there was virtually no way that his suggestion would work out and signing off by saying that you suspected it was all about an effort to sell books is not the clearest of ways to root for Richards post.
          But if you were actually commending Richard in this way, then we actually agree and that is as rare as it is welcome.
          Thanks for the nice touch of saying that I have my head it the sand when speaking up for Richard by the way. I find I wake up everyday, congratulating myself to actually having a head to stick there.
          Not everybody has, it would seem.

PS. No, I have not bough any copy of any of your books yet. I am actually struggling to understand how many books there are by your hand; it seems that it is basically the same book every time with some minor additions. But I may be emphatically wrong on that score, since I emphatically don´t read you.

Now, I for one will leave the thread to what it was meant for, so I´m done with you.
          Last edited by Fisherman; 12-27-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

FT may well be a suspect that could do with some more investigating. He's on the suspect list but there does not seem to be much about him, so tying him to all five murders is going to be quite an undertaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
              FT may well be a suspect that could do with some more investigating. He's on the suspect list but there does not seem to be much about him, so tying him to all five murders is going to be quite an undertaking.
              intriguing character yes, but with nothing tying him to the case, no physical connection, hes just one in a long list of parlor games suspects. yawn.

Comment

How about a handsome reward for finding the perfect suspect?

Comment

It would be great to find the hand cast.

The prints on the Saucy Jacky postcard are made from the same ink used for writing it. If Thompson's fingerprints were shown to match the postcard it would prove that he not only handled the letter at some point but that he wrote it. Because the fingerprints are inked they are likely to be from the same hand used to write it.

Without actual proof nobody can say they have found the right suspect for the murders.

With Thompson, like the others, we have only circumstantial evidence. However, we know that he had trained as a surgeon for 6-years at England's most prestigious medical schools before one coroner of the murders concluded that Jack the Ripper must have had considerable anatomical skill and knowledge.

Right before the murders of these prostitutes Thompson broke up with one.

Already he had written about cutting prostitute's stomachs open, he was carrying a razor sharp knife, he showed symptoms of mental illness and he had a police record.

Thompson had only been living four nights in a refuge when, only a minute walk away, the Ripper killed his last victim.

Within a few days Thompson was put in isolation at a distant monastery. He then spent most of his life under observation or at secluded country retreats.

Without any real proof we will never know if he was Jack the Ripper.
                  Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
                    The prints on the Saucy Jacky postcard are made from the same ink used for writing it. If Thompson's fingerprints were shown to match the postcard it would prove that he not only handled the letter at some point but that he wrote it. Because the fingerprints are inked they are likely to be from the same hand used to write it.

Without actual proof nobody can say they have found the right suspect for the murders.

With Thompson, like the others, we have only circumstantial evidence. However, we know that he had trained as a surgeon for 6-years at England's most prestigious medical schools before one coroner of the murders concluded that Jack the Ripper must have had considerable anatomical skill and knowledge.

Right before the murders of these prostitutes Thompson broke up with one.

Already he had written about cutting prostitute's stomachs open, he was carrying a razor sharp knife, he showed symptoms of mental illness and he had a police record.

Thompson had only been living four nights in a refuge when, only a minute walk away, the Ripper killed his last victim.

Within a few days Thompson was put in isolation at a distant monastery. He then spent most of his life under observation or at secluded country retreats.

Without any real proof we will never know if he was Jack the Ripper.
                    Even if it could be proved he wrote the postcard it would not prove he was the killer. We have the same problem with Sickert.

Comment

You would have thought that the police would have watched Thompson given that he had a police record and had written about cutting up females. Could Thompson be Torso Man?

Comment

You would have thought that the police would have watched Thompson given that he had a police record and had written about cutting up females. Could Thompson be Torso Man?
                        o.uk

No, there was no torso man ! He is nothing more than a figment of Fishermans imagination. He has been playing the game of square pegs in round holes and has had some on here falling for it

There is no evidence from back then to support the belief that a serial killer was at work other than JTR

Comment

good question. the latter torso murder series was from 87-89, the last victim was pinchin torso sep 89. where was FT then?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            good question. the latter torso murder series was from 87-89, the last victim was pinchin torso sep 89. where was FT then?
                            Hi Abbey,

I believe FT was still in rehab at Storrington Priory in Sussex, where he’d been since February, 1889

Gary

Comment

Personally, I have little doubt that the 1873 torso victim belongs to the Torso series, and that this victim fell prey to the same man who murdered the 1887-89 torso victims as well as the Ripper victims.

And since Francis Thompson had not yet turned 14 when the 1873 victim died, I don´t think he is a useful suspect.

Comment

Working...
                              X