No announcement yet.

Exhumation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for that information, Ms. Weatherwax. Yes, she is definitely deserving of whatever respect can be given to her.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
      Thank you for that information, Ms. Weatherwax. Yes, she is definitely deserving of whatever respect can be given to her.

c.d.
      The story of her funeral and burial is poignant, I think. And to have your place in history under a name that may only be an alias-- sad.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
        I wouldn't be particularly hopeful that the coffin had survived, but its possible the nameplate could give indication to Mary's location. Given the extent of her injuries, its also likely that there is damage to the bones that could provide further means of identification.

Its possible that there are no bones, of course. However, I genuinely believe that it's worth a shot. In an ideal world, I'd love to see her reinterred in her own grave, with her real name on it. Whatever she had to hide in her lifetime can't really harm her now...I just think it would be fitting to give this woman her identity back.
        Heartsease (pansies) - sorry, my OCD taking over. Or possibly Lemon Balm, but I don't think so.

C4

Comment

Working...
        X