What do you think happened to Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think happened to Jack

after the Mary Kelly murder? Do you think he was arrested for some other offense or put in an asylum for whatever reason? Do you think he killed himself? About moving to another place? What are the odds that people like Jack can just stop killing for whatever reason?

Killer question. Though two things I'm almost certain of, although it's just speculation obviously, is that he didn't kill himself or die of illness; he was healthy enough to have done what he did and seemed to have valued his life to an extent.

My guess is he either stopped of his own accord (the Mary Kelly killing seems like a 'one more for the road' to me before deciding to call it a night) or he was arrested for something different entirely (or was murdered in an unrelated incident).

Comment

Ya, I have thought about that myself. Him stopping after the Mary Kelly murder. You really can't do anything worse to a human body than what Jack did to Mary Kelly's body. The thing is most serial killer experts and criminal profilers think that serial killers just don't stop killing. If you looked at the zodiac killer, he stopped killing supposedly. That's what the police at that time thought so. I myself can't see Jack being arrested for something else because he seemed smart enough to get away after the murders he committed. Who really knows though.

Comment

I take what criminal profilers say about serial killers with a pinch of salt, because they group them altogether in the same category and just right them all off with the same old 'they can't stop themselves' thing. Well, they choose when to start their sprees, so they can obviously choose when to stop them too, and I think that's probably what happened after the Mary Kelly killing, otherwise there would've been more murders until he was caught. That and I think you're right; what else could he do to mutilate a body after his last escapade? Not a lot I'd wager.

Comment

Also, one has to take in mind that there was some time off for Jack in between the murders, so obviously he had some control of his urges to kill prostitutes. Some people think that serial killers aren't capable of stopping though. I think Jack might have had better self control than some would like to believe. There is only so much harm you can do to a human body and I think most would agree that Jack did the worse harm you could do to a human body. Also, I believe that with each murder Jack committed, the mutilations were worse except the one he was supposedly interrupted at.

Comment

I think he was hung in Dundee in 1889.

Comment

Originally posted by johns View Post
              I think he was hung in Dundee in 1889.
              Not a bad guess at all, that William Bury was the Ripper. Equally likely I think is that the Ripper turned himself in at Broadmoor in 1927 after years as a fugitive and died there two years later (James Kelly). They are my two favorite suspects, but I actually think it more likely that the Ripper has never been named and that he committed a few more murders after Mary Kelly, gradually winding down (Alice McKenzie, Frances Coles, etc.). True, those were far less spectacular than MJK, but it wouldn't be unprecedented. It could be said that Ted Bundy's "masterpiece" was when he abducted and killed two victims in one day from a crowded beach and got away scot-free, yet he apparently felt no need to keep on topping himself and resumed killing single victims. BTK (Dennis Rader) began his career as a serial killer by wiping out most of an entire family and then never did anything that elaborate again. An analogy, I guess, would be any artist who has continued painting or sculpting for years after creating what would become known as his masterpiece.

Comment

Hi,
                What happened to Jack?.
                I would say it depended upon what the motive was, was it sexual insanity. was it a crusade against prostitutes, or was it a premeditated event, and after Mary kelly there was no need to continue.
                We are not sure even today if all the C5, or ideed C6,[ If Tabram is included]are related to the same killer, it is possible that Tabram was killed by another person, also Stride, and Nichols and Chapman, by someone completely different, leaving Eddowes and Kelly with vicious facial mutilations, the result of another.
                The whole Ripper case is full of red herrings, and I would be surprised if all were connected to the same person.
                I am begining to alter my lifetime views on this subject, and suggest that the killer of Mary Kelly only killed one previous woman , that of Eddowes, and kellys death was premeditated., and that is why the murders stopped, also the killer of Polly Nichols , and Annie chapman killed no more after the 8th sept.
                Regards Richard.

Comment

maintaining the status quo

Hello Richard. Your last paragraph depicts precisely what goes through my mind of late. I think that Mike Richards (Perry Mason) thinks along those lines as well.

But it may be best to hold these thoughts inside. There are many iconodules about who would be much grieved given such speculations, and who can be rather brutal in their "rebuttals."

The best.
                  LC

Comment

Honestly, we won't ever know.

But we can always hope. For me, I hope he died a horrible, painful, excruciating death and I hope, for his Hell, all of his victims get to do the same thing he did to them...over and over and over again, for all time.

I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Divine Comedy

Hello JTR. That seems straight from Dante.

The best.
                      LC

Comment

Working...
                      X