From Hell, A Graphic Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radical Joe View Post
    That's fine. I wasn't having a pop at all, I just found it 'odd' to see your view on a forum where most folk can't wait to stick the knife in to someone (so to speak). I don't have a suspect either, and keep an open mind as to the possibilities. As for you saying that certain people are named for reasons other than the actual likelyhood of them being the Ripper, I agree, I also get the feeling that some people are named out of class or racial bias (whether knowingly or not).

I like the sound of your short story too! Perhaps you should take a gander at the screenplay I offered on a thread on General Discussion - it's not that different in some respects (the Ripperologists get taken out in my version though!).
    Thank you for understanding my point! I must watch it!
    Me?
    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

I'm currently reading it, as I am a huge Alan Moore fan.
      Scarlett (2010) (Completed)

Witness a modernized retelling of London's most gruesome mutilation, the murder of Mary Jane Kelly at the hands of the notorious serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw59rvBDUGs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trM64vWkLQ - Part 2

Comment

So I just finished reading it and it's not my favorite work of Alan Moore, but it was really well written and well researched. Like any Alan Moore story, you have no idea what's going on in the beginning and then everything starts picking up in the middle. Great ending as well, kind of reminds me of the ending to Watchmen. Definitely better then the FROM HELL movie adaption as well. Overall, 7.5/10.
        Scarlett (2010) (Completed)

Witness a modernized retelling of London's most gruesome mutilation, the murder of Mary Jane Kelly at the hands of the notorious serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw59rvBDUGs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trM64vWkLQ - Part 2

Comment

I got given this off an Avid Allan Moore fan to read, I skimmed it first and recognised it was a take on the Royal Conspiracy so put it to one side for a few days.

A couple of nights later....when the telly was crap and it was cold outside I built a fire in the hearth and sat down and gave it a chance.

In front of the roaring fire I was transfixed and could not put it down....that was a long night into morning and finished it just as the embers of the fire was fading and the light of morning peeking through the curtains.

My throat was sore with the amount of cigarettes I had smoked and my pupils dilated with the amount of coffee I had drank.

To anyone who has not read it please do not be put of by the fact it is a comic, or that it is (another) take on the Royal conspiracy and please, please, please don't think it has anything to do with the film of the same name (even though it is !?!).

And if you can.....read it in front of a roaring fire on a dark and windy night!
          My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

"FROM HELL" the graphic novel is indeed a fine peice of work, the film however was just ok. But if you people out there enjoyed the film for what it is, then I strongly advise you to watch a film made in the 70's "MURDER BY DECREE" starring christopher Plummer as Sherlock Holmes. It is basically the same story but with names changed for some reason, but still a better effort.
            As for graphic novels on the subject of JTR, a must have is the fantastic "JACK THE RIPPER" written and drawn by Rick Geary. The art work is fantastic and spot on accurate.

Comment

Working...
            X