new evidence: Ostrog's Banstead admission and release records at the LMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Chris,
    thank you so very much for your prompt response.
    While I was at the LMA 2 weeks ago 2 different librarians told me they assumed that the letter in question, particularly if it was a sole document by itself, might have been disposed due to space shortage in the 1990s. What's absolutely clear is that the Macnaghten letter isn't anymore at the LMA – as yourself, Rob, and I have looked absolutely everywhere in the Banstead records (but in the lower personnel's wage lists) and it wasn't to be found anywhere. Our only remaining hope is you know who, so if it's OK I'll discuss this with Rob and perhaps attempt something.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

Maria

Probably beating a dead horse here!!! If Chris answered you by private message then the idea is he might want to keep things private. The best thing then would be for you to answer his private message via private message not post it over the boards.
      It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
        Dear Chris,
        thank you so very much for your prompt response.
        While I was at the LMA 2 weeks ago 2 different librarians told me they assumed that the letter in question, particularly if it was a sole document by itself, might have been disposed due to space shortage in the 1990s. What's absolutely clear is that the Macnaghten letter isn't anymore at the LMA – as yourself, Rob, and I have looked absolutely everywhere in the Banstead records (but in the lower personnel's wage lists) and it wasn't to be found anywhere. Our only remaining hope is you know who, so if it's OK I'll discuss this with Rob and perhaps attempt something.
        oops !

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          oops !
          And people believe there was a police conspiracy of silence ?? NOTHING stays private in RipperWorld !
          Managing Editor
          Casebook Wiki

Comment

Working...
          X