Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Abby Normal 9 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Simon Wood 26 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Scott Nelson 29 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Simon Wood 54 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Harry D 1 hour and 5 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Batman 1 hour and 20 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (40 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Lawrence - (2 posts)
Letters and Communications: I'm not a butcher, I'm not a Yid...... - (1 posts)
General Discussion: Ripper was several people... - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Audio -- Visual

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Vincenzo Vincenzo is offline
Constable
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida, USA.
Posts: 89
Default 'Saucy Jack' by Spinal Tap

http://youtu.be/6Bytig-oavY


This is a band that was originally formed for a "mockumentary" in the early 80's called "This is Spinal Tap" about an over the hill English metal band making a reunion tour of North America. It's a hilarious movie and was so popular that the guys made some albums over the years.

In the movie they briefly mention their song about JTR called "Saucy Jack" and at a later date actually wrote and recorded the track which you can hear at this youtube link.

Sadly I do not have a clip from the film itself. Funny song though.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Barnaby Barnaby is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 677
Default

Best Ripper song ever?

One of my favorite movies! It really hit a nerve at the time. First, many people thought they were a real band. Second, many real bands thought they they were the band being mocked. Third, many bands past and present admit Spinal Tap moments.

Just a classic film.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Vincenzo Vincenzo is offline
Constable
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida, USA.
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Best Ripper song ever?

One of my favorite movies! It really hit a nerve at the time. First, many people thought they were a real band. Second, many real bands thought they they were the band being mocked. Third, many bands past and present admit Spinal Tap moments.

Just a classic film.
No doubt best ripper song ever.

Great to see another Tap fan here. I love them. Wish they would make a proper sequel. I love that they all play their own instruments and write/perform their own music. It is also very cool that they have released a few albums over the years.

Cheers.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,363
Default

What's this about Tap not being a "Real Band" I know plenty of real bands that would love to have sold as many records as they have.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Vincenzo Vincenzo is offline
Constable
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida, USA.
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
What's this about Tap not being a "Real Band" I know plenty of real bands that would love to have sold as many records as they have.
LOL! Very true.

I bet they were surprised, though, at just how well Tap took off. It has an incredibly strong and loyal cult following and almost every musician I know is a fan. Some seriously talented guys.

They deserve to have their photo posted for those who do not know of them.

Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2014, 12:42 PM
gnote gnote is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 195
Default

I hadn't heard of this until today. I found the lyrics and thought i'd post them:


You're a naughty one Saucy Jack
You're a haughty one Saucy Jack
When the streetlamp gaslight flickers and fails
Then you see the last light glinting off the entrails

Oh naughty naughty naughty

You're a sneaky one Saucy Jack
You're a cheeky one Saucy Jack
First the whore says guv'nor fancy a squeeze?
Next you will be shov'in her down the hole to Hades

Oh naughty naughty naughty

The scourge of London Town
(The scourge of London Town)
There'll be no rest 'til
You are a guest of The Crown

Naughty naughty naughty

You're a gloulish one Saucy Jack
Not a foolish one Saucy Jack
Though the peelers track you early and late
Slipping out the back you counter with a checkmate

Oh naughty naughty naughty
Naughty naughty naughty

Hm hm hm hm hoo hoo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:18 AM
Vincenzo Vincenzo is offline
Constable
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida, USA.
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnote View Post
I hadn't heard of this until today. I found the lyrics and thought i'd post them:


You're a naughty one Saucy Jack
You're a haughty one Saucy Jack
When the streetlamp gaslight flickers and fails
Then you see the last light glinting off the entrails

Oh naughty naughty naughty

You're a sneaky one Saucy Jack
You're a cheeky one Saucy Jack
First the whore says guv'nor fancy a squeeze?
Next you will be shov'in her down the hole to Hades

Oh naughty naughty naughty

The scourge of London Town
(The scourge of London Town)
There'll be no rest 'til
You are a guest of The Crown

Naughty naughty naughty

You're a gloulish one Saucy Jack
Not a foolish one Saucy Jack
Though the peelers track you early and late
Slipping out the back you counter with a checkmate

Oh naughty naughty naughty
Naughty naughty naughty

Hm hm hm hm hoo hoo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Haha excellent. Thanks for posting the lyrics!
__________________
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Mayerling Mayerling is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Flushing, New York
Posts: 2,761
Default

Loved the film. Favorite bit was the foul-up regarding the stage décor for the number about the Druids and Stonehenge, when they get two small models of the Stonehenge structures, and two dwarfs are dancing next to them supposedly as giants (clog dancing at that!).

Never could find their album, "Smell the glove".
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Steadmund Brand Steadmund Brand is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buffalo New York area
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayerling View Post
Loved the film. Favorite bit was the foul-up regarding the stage décor for the number about the Druids and Stonehenge, when they get two small models of the Stonehenge structures, and two dwarfs are dancing next to them supposedly as giants (clog dancing at that!).

Never could find their album, "Smell the glove".
The greatest Mockumentary ever...sadly no Smell the Glove album...however the soundtrack Album was released (as The Black Album.. as depicted in the film) and several years later a follow up Album "Break Like The Wind" was released.. featuring more gems and many many guest artists including Jeff Beck, Cher, Joe Satriani, Timothy B Schmit and Dweezil Zappa…

Steadmund Brand
__________________
"The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2015, 11:39 AM
Tom_Wescott Tom_Wescott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,676
Default

All three of them were Saturday Night Live cast members.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.