Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper was several people...

Acting as one.

We know this from the death of Stride. One man doing the deed the other watching out for people seeing them. Isn't it odd that this murder was the most tricky being so close to a club where people were coming and going. And it just so happens that the ripper had an accomplice that night(and maybe every night)

This was not one lunatic. It was a group of people doing this for a purpose other than simply killing women.

There are pros and cons for this model, but it should be discussed.

First of all, there are people who don't think the C5 are the same hand and may even claim there are five murderers. Personally, I think such ideas preposterous for various reasons, but mostly because serial lust murders exist like JtR and it's one person, not many.

Now your model has a lookout. That's different. It still has one hand being JtR and someone watching out.

There is sometimes evidence of maybe not just one but two people being involved in these murders. Two soldiers with Tabram. Two men were seen by Schwartz. I am sure others here can fit in more times two people seem to crop up.

However, there is more evidence for one single person with the victims according to witnesses.

The question is if a lookout is absolutely necessary. I think a lookout is not absolutely necessary if JtR knew something about police beats and through experimentation understood his crime constraints.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      There is sometimes evidence of maybe not just one but two people being involved in these murders. Two soldiers with Tabram. Two men were seen by Schwartz. I am sure others here can fit in more times two people seem to crop up.
      Cross and Paul?
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
        Cross and Paul?
        Why not just fling a rippernade into the thread yeah Caz!
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
          Cross and Paul?
          Given that Schwartz was a Stride witness, perhaps we're talking about Cross and Blackwell. If only we had a first-hand contemporary sauce...
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            Given that Schwartz was a Stride witness, perhaps we're talking about Cross and Blackwell. If only we had a first-hand contemporary sauce...
            A souper suggestion Gareth
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Burgho and Barnaby?

To be found in the hot dog zone.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                Burgho and Barnaby?

LOL. now that was funny.

no offence to Albie or Jerry Dunlop. but ive never gone for the more than one man idea and or conspiracy. but at least Jerry does excellent research and backs up his theory with facts and knowledge and good analysis. hes the one that's sometimes got me thinking... just maybe.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Burgho and Barnaby?

Barnett And Williams: available for pantomimes, Bar Mitzvah’s And children’s parties.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Having re-read the Schwartz statement with the twin killer view point, one idea springs to mind. Were the killers acting as a duo, one scares/threatens/attacks, the second is a knight in shining armour who comes to the rescue. This would explain the apparent trust by the victims up until MJK but would require London having effectively three serial killers active at the same time, admittedly two acting in unison (yes I know about Fisherman's Torso-Ripper theory, which might even be explained by a double act scenario).

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      A souper suggestion Gareth
                      I’ve got that bloody jingle running through my head, now:

Oh, Mr Cross...

Yes, Dr Blackwell?

Do you really put a torso in your soup? Can you tell me man to man, how you get it in the can....

I know it does quite work in Ripper terms, or as a recipe, but it’s catchy.

Comment

You always have to factor in the offer of a reward when considering the accomplice theory. It was a large amount of money to a poor person and a great incentive to rat out a partner. Yet such a scenario never came to pass.

c.d.

P.S. Has anybody ever put the reward amount into today's dollars?

Comment

I’ve got that bloody jingle running through my head, now:

Oh, Mr Cross...

Yes, Dr Blackwell?

Do you really put a torso in your soup?
                          "Yes. I've found that it gives the soup some extra body."
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                            P.S. Has anybody ever put the reward amount into today's dollars?
                            According to various online UK inflation calculators, a £500 reward in 1888 looks like it would be worth just over £60,000 in 2018. I'm thinking specifically about the £500 reward offered by the City Police on 1st October 1888 in response to the Eddowes murder. If one adds the offer to match that amount, made by the Lord Mayor, the resulting £1,000 would be worth circa £126,000 in today's money.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

There have been several conspiracy theories concerning the Ripper murders. At some stage of another the blame has been placed on the Freemasons, Fenians and Royal Family. Peter Turnbull thought each murder was carried out by a separate hand as a result of mass hysteria generated by Coroner Baxter and the press.

Comment

Working...
                              X