X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Oh - here we go ...
    Off to yet another revision of Society's Pillar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

Off to yet another revision of Society's Pillar.
      The brilliant Society’s Pillar, thank you ...

Ike
      Iconoclast
      Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
        Serve me better? Why? I didn't have my copy of "Diary of Jack The Ripper" to hand so was relying on memory. Didn't make any difference to the content of the observation though.
        So it wouldn't have mattered how you remembered the wording of your diary quote then? When you were making a point about the wording of that same quote? Really? Are you serious?

Well, you would say that wouldn't you.
        Yes I would, Observer, because it's true.

I knew I'd done it myself recently, in an email, and cursed myself after sending it and then realising my error.

This is what I wrote in an email on 7th July:

'I noted that Christie himself used stuck with 'Bobo' when referring to FA's recollections.'

Do you see what I did there? I meant to delete the word 'used' and go with 'stuck with' instead, but sent it without checking.

The recipients will be able to confirm this. Your argument is that when the diary penman/woman did exactly the same thing, with 'taste of like fresh fried bacon', it was an indication that the words had been dictated by their partner in crime.

Now I can't prove the words I used in my email were not dictated to me by Bongo's Uncle Charlie, standing over my shoulder, but all I'd say is that anyone who tries to dictate what I write generally ends up wearing a Chelsea smile.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
          And if you didn't notice, I am not a native english speaker, just like Maybrick!

The Baron
          I'm truly sorry, Baron. Had I realised this, I would never have used your post as an example for Observer, of how many other posters, who are native English speakers, routinely make similar mistakes.

Love,

Caz
          X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

I'm truly sorry, Baron. Had I realised this, I would never have used your post as an example for Observer, of how many other posters, who are native English speakers, routinely make similar mistakes.

Love,

Caz
            X
            I think "The Baron" is having a giggle at his own funny little jokes. Is that right Dave?
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

I tend to agree. The Diary was hoaxed with no great care because the creator(s) intent was to present a farce
              That's how I see it.

A right regular "Whoops! There go my trousers" farce. Starring Sir Jim 'Dick' Dastardly, going up and down the length of the realm like a fiddler's elbow, whipping out the ladies' innards and tickling up their ovaries ["double drat, first one squealed a bit"], and his co-star, Penny Dreadful Pitstop, one yank and they're off - her drawers that is.

Love,

Muttley
              X

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

I think "The Baron" is having a giggle at his own funny little jokes. Is that right Dave?
                I did wonder.

Love,

Caz
                X

Comment

I did wonder.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  He wants us to believe that he so clever that he could hide his identity under a different pseudonym and playfully hoodwink us "Diary Defenders". My only question is why "The Baron"? I think he thinks there is a funny little joke in there somewhere too.

Perhaps this is the inspiration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baron
                  Last edited by erobitha; 07-23-2020, 01:38 PM.
                  Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Doh! The Switchblade cuts without the blade!
                    Iconoclast

Comment

So it wouldn't have mattered how you remembered the wording of your diary quote then? When you were making a point about the wording of that same quote a Chelsea smile.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      Glasgow kiss, Chelsea smile, Wrexham tickle. It's always bad news when you cross Her Mob!
                      Iconoclast

Comment

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        I think the joke was that Americans (like Maybrick) are not native English speakers.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post

I think the joke was that Americans (like Maybrick) are not native English speakers.

c.d.
                          That's a joke?

Too deep for me.

I have a feeling there's a Wrexham tickle coming your way, my son.
                          Iconoclast

Comment

RJ

I don't recall if Bongo mentioned these ten pages on the Alan Gray tapes but they don't appear to have made it into the January 5th 1995 sworn affy David. You'd think they'd be the first thing he'd mention?

Bongo could also have brought them (along with the auction receipt) to the Cloak & Dagger Club when Keith Skinner interviewed him on April 10th 1999. I seem to recall that Lord Orsam thought it was crass stupidity on Keith's part to mention the presence of Don Rumbelow and Stewart Evans in the audience and therefore put Bongo on his guard about telling the truth of how he and his ex-wife forged the diary – which was the reason the C&D organisers invited Bongo to come down to London at their expense and Bongo was more than willing to do. Bongo, of course, on his own admission in his sworn affy David, had read everything to do with JtR and therefore might have recognised these two high profile names as retired police officers.

However, none of that happened.

I just can't seem to get my head around it - now that I'm a convert to the hoax camp - what possible reason could Bongo have had for not producing any evidence ever ever ever ever ever that he had written the scrapbook, and yet he had these priceless ten pages to prove his case once and for all time.

Frustrating.

Genuine opportunity to finally silence those pesky DAiry Defenders.

PS As a matter of interest, what exactly defines a DAiry Defender?

Cheers,

Ike
                            If Don Rumbelow's book was Bongo's main source of ripper material, his presence would have put our hoaxer on his guard far more than the mere fact that Don and Stewart are ex-fuzz - at a packed meeting of true crime enthusiasts. The man who WRot those ten first pages of the diary was not the kind of fool who wouldn't have anticipated a cop or two at the do.

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

That's a joke?

Too deep for me.

I have a feeling there's a Wrexham tickle coming your way, my son.
                              It wasn't my joke. Don't shoot the messenger.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

He wants us to believe that he so clever that he could hide his identity under a different pseudonym and playfully hoodwink us "Diary Defenders". My only question is why "The Baron"? I think he thinks there is a funny little joke in there somewhere too.

Perhaps this is the inspiration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baron
                                I wondered, but for me the pseudonym is too obvious. I tend to think it's just a fan, who is in awe of a lord.

I hope Ike will post more of Bongo's early DAiry work - particularly relating to CRicket weather.

Howzat, Ikeypoo?

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X