Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mrs. Maxwell Didn't See Mary Who Did She See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    No I missed a word out I like you suffer from having to use a mobile phone at times
    You have my empathy and undying support, Trevor
    it was good to see the smiling faces again who thought they had been victorious
    I think Jon (Guy) had his tongue in his cheek there.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
      I missed a word about should read "not taken away"

calm down, calm down

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      Just be honest Trevor, it was your conscience taking over.
      Now we know what you really think.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        I merely said that I liked your pun linking Robert (Louis) Stevenson and steam pioneer Thomas Newcomen, and out that the other steam pioneer was a different Robert Stephenson.
        Watt!
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          You do realize that if the authorities declared the heart to be missing they risk repeating a second fiasco like the kidney episode. Pranksters now begin mailing boxed hearts to the press.
          It is not an important detail to share with the public. The authorities said nothing on the subject.
          What we read in the press is all conjecture.
          Do you give the following credence given that Openshaw was Sutton's protege?

"The same may be said of yet another series of comments on the kidney, these found in the 1910 memoirs of former City Police Commissioner Major Sir Henry Smith. Within the pages of his From Constable to Commissioner, he purports to settle the matter of the Lusk Kidney once and for all:

I made over the kidney to the police surgeon, instructing him to consult with the most eminent men in the Profession, and to send me a report without delay. I give the substance of it. The renal artery is about three inches long. Two inches remained in the corpse, one inch was attached to the kidney. The kidney left in the corpse was in an advanced state of Bright's Disease; the kidney sent me was in an exactly similar state. But what was of far more importance, Mr Sutton, one of the senior surgeons at the London Hospital, whom Gordon Brown asked to meet him and another surgeon in consultation, and who was one of the greatest authorities living on the kidney and its diseases, said he would pledge his reputation that the kidney submitted to them had been put in spirits within a few hours of its removal from the body thus effec-ually disposing of all hoaxes in connection with it."

Comment

• When I first obtained a copy of From Constable to Commissioner, I gave that account some credence.

Some time later I found a letter from someone involved (can't recall the name for sure), the letter stated the half-kidney, when received was "all trimmed up".
            This meant there was no renal attachments.

So, where do we go from here?
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Having Sutton examine the kidney does make sense,given his work on Gull-Sutton disease.

All trimmed up?
              Honestly cannot imagine any reason for removing an inch of renal artery.

Was the letter from a Jewish doctor?

Edit. It was Dr Brown,Star of the East,22nd October.
              Last edited by DJA; 07-13-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Yes, Evening Star, this was it - "all trimmed up".

Smith, Openshaw, Reed & Brown all give different stories. Much contradiction.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Take Reed out and the other three had close links to Henry Sutton.
                  Ditto Dr Sequeira.

Brown lived close to Finsbury Square,Sutton's main home.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    Take Reed out and the other three had close links to Henry Sutton.
                    Ditto Dr Sequeira.

Brown lived close to Finsbury Square,Sutton's main home.
                    Ok, but what is the connection between Sutton & the victims?
                    You have your suspect, and we have a handful of victims. Apart from Sutton being a known figure. What makes him your suspect, above anyone else?
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      Ok, but what is the connection between Sutton & the victims?
                      You have your suspect, and we have a handful of victims. Apart from Sutton being a known figure. What makes him your suspect, above anyone else?
                      Once again ........

Nichols and Eddowes were his inpatients in 1867 with Rheumatic fever,a disease caused by strep pyogenes,which makes it's home in the intestines.

Stride's bottom lip and the cachous.

The attempt at taking Chapman's head off. Infers knowledge of the patients medical condition.

Mary Ann Kelly was baptized at his church.

Crikey chalk at the start of the school term.

First two murders on his way home along Hanbury Street.

The list is extensive.

Have a football match to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                        Nichols and Eddowes were his inpatients in 1867 with Rheumatic fever,a disease caused by strep pyogenes,which makes it's home in the intestines.
                        Is that any basis to this claim? You've stated before that you "believe" that they were his patients, now it's a certainty?

Comment

• How could Sutton have compared the Lusk kidney with the intact kidney and renal artery remaining in the corpse without exhuming Eddowes' body? The Lusk letter was sent two weeks after her death.

As elsewhere in his memoirs, it seems that Smith was making things up in order to exaggerate his importance in the case.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
                            Is that any basis to this claim? You've stated before that you "believe" that they were his patients, now it's a certainty?
                            Makes sense unless you have another reason for their intestinal injuries and Eddowes' missing kidney.

I believe it is a certainty.

Why do you think Nichols moved in next door to Eddowes,given that her murder was immediately after Eddowes left to go hopping?

Comment

How could Sutton have compared the Lusk kidney with the intact kidney and renal artery remaining in the corpse without exhuming Eddowes' body? The Lusk letter was sent two weeks after her death.

As elsewhere in his memoirs, it seems that Smith was making things up in order to exaggerate his importance in the case.
                              He didn't have to. He was Jack the Ripper.

Agree with that,which is why I asked Wicky for his opinion.

Comment

How could Sutton have compared the Lusk kidney with the intact kidney and renal artery remaining in the corpse without exhuming Eddowes' body? The Lusk letter was sent two weeks after her death.

Indeed, the title alone offers the first clue to misrepresentation. Smith was never a constable in the Met.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X