Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    No, they were registered at Betts Street and Essex Street schools (from memory) as Lechmere.
    Yes, that's what I thought, Gary.

So my point remains. Could our carman have been the kind of father who wanted to spare his little ones any possible trouble at school? Had the papers named their dad - Charles Lechmere - as the man who found a murdered prostitute, how might that have gone down in the playground?

Or was he the kind of father who couldn't have cared less about the kids' welfare, but wanted to keep his own name out of the papers for a more sinister purpose?

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      Hi Caz,

No worries.

I'm with you there, though if I could be sure that Foggy was the blind beggar with the 'ungovernable temper' who repeatedly stabbed his guide in broad daylight and I could be sure that he and Poll were an item in 1888, I might be prepared to risk a fiver that he was Tabram's killer.
      Fair enough. Mind you, I wouldn't put a fiver on Tabram not being a ripper victim. I tend to think she probably was, if her killer was anything like Robert Napper, who committed two murders which have certain parallels with those of Tabram and Kelly.

Love,

Caz
      X

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Im starting to lean toward, whatever reason, the ripper stopped after mcKenzie.
        Me too, Abby.

Again, though, I wouldn't put a fiver on it.

Love,

Caz
        X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
          Me too, Abby.

Again, though, I wouldn't put a fiver on it.

Love,

Caz
          X
          I agree witb you botb. I would put a fiver on it, but no more. And i could give a reason why he stopped.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            I agree witb you botb. I would put a fiver on it, but no more. And i could give a reason why he stopped.

Steve
            well please do!
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

well please do!
              Well you know my preferred suspect Abby,

I beleive it is possible that following Mackenzie, the family tighten their watch on the suspect, ensuring he could not commit another attack.
              Such lead to a full collapse of mental ability over the next 18 months, before final lockup.

Of course i have no evidence for any of that, its what i often call pure supposition and imagination. But if other can .........

Like all suspects, there is no real evidence for why Mackenzie would be the last.

Steve

Comment

I beleive it is possible that following Mackenzie, the family tighten their watch on the suspect, ensuring he could not commit another attack.
                Such lead to a full collapse of mental ability over the next 18 months, before final lockup.

Of course i have no evidence for any of that, its what i often call pure supposition and imagination. But if other can .........

Like all suspects, there is no real evidence for why Mackenzie would be the last.

Steve
                Thanks El
                Francis Thomson correct? was he eventually institutionalized?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Thanks El
                  Francis Thomson correct? was he eventually institutionalized?
                  Abby, dissapointed, Kosminski.

Steve

Comment

Abby, dissapointed, Kosminski.

Steve
                    sorry I thought you told me FT a while back.
                    Koz is on my short list.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Steve
                      In some quarters Frances Coles was the last, in which case that would rule out Kosmsinski because at the time of her murder he was locked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        In some quarters Frances Coles was the last, in which case that would rule out Kosmsinski because at the time of her murder he was locked up.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        Yes Trevor agreed
                        However Abbys post to which i replied was about stopping at Mackenzie

Cheers Steve

Comment

sorry I thought you told me FT a while back.
                          Koz is on my short list.
                          No problem. Never been a FT man

Steve

Comment

• Could've been Kosminski. People seem to dismiss paranoid schizophrenics as disorganised, dribbling idiots who couldn't have gone uncaught. But Robert Napper had a string of rapes and chalked up a couple of murders before DNA rumbled him, and even someone at the extreme end of the schizo spectrum like Richard Chase still had the survival instinct to high-tail it when someone disturbed him. None of them were actually caught in the act. The Ripper was a major risk-taker, and I think only a deeply unhinged mind could've performed those barbaric mutilations on the streets, while police were patrolling nearby, but he also had several factors working in his favour to get away with it. His family may very well have packed him off the loony bin before he could get caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                              Could've been Kosminski. People seem to dismiss paranoid schizophrenics as disorganised, dribbling idiots who couldn't have gone uncaught. But Robert Napper had a string of rapes and chalked up a couple of murders before DNA rumbled him, and even someone at the extreme end of the schizo spectrum like Richard Chase still had the survival instinct to high-tail it when someone disturbed him. None of them were actually caught in the act. The Ripper was a major risk-taker, and I think only a deeply unhinged mind could've performed those barbaric mutilations on the streets, while police were patrolling nearby, but he also had several factors working in his favour to get away with it. His family may very well have packed him off the loony bin before he could get caught.
                              Hi Harry
                              I pretty much agree with this-as I mentioned hes on my short list. However, Im torn about the mentally ill part and if someone, even if he wasnt in the full throws or was in a lucid phase, like him could have pulled it off without getting caught, especially the night of the double event. Let alone at the height of the ripper scare being able to make the women feel he was normal enough to go off to a secluded place with him. Especially mary Kelly, who was apparently not as desperate as the rest and who probably brought or let in her killer to her own place.

re his family-totally agree. I think the knife incident with his sister was the final straw, and they may have even gone to the police about it-which might have been how he initially got on their radar.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi AS

Yes its a conundrum for sure. What happened to him? Its like zodiac almost. Unsolved. But the zodiac continued to write letters long after his last kill.
                                The golden state killer apparently just stopped and went on to lead a normal life.
                                Kemper turned himself in.

Im starting to lean toward, whatever reason, the ripper stopped after mcKenzie.
                                I agree Abby. I think this possibility is underestimated by profilers etc.

They only know of those who got caught often because they could not stop themselves when if they were smart they would have, so there is a perception bias involved.

Most killers probably have to keep killing compulsively, but there is nothing to say that some, perhaps a fair majority do not. Particularly, if there was some stressor or trigger that was temporary and the killer's blood or sexual lust was satiated.

Comment

Working...
                                X