This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    It very strongly suggests these are not predictions and that the I for many is involved
    I agree, but what does "I for many" mean?
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      I keep seeing people post that the torso victims might not have been murdered.
      How is this possible?
      I guess the argument is that no course of death is actually known and therefore murder may not be the answer.
      Now I personally go 95+% murder. Which for me is very high.

However I can understand the argument.

STEVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        I agree, but what does "I for many" mean?
        No idea Gareth. Autocorrect in phone . Oops.

What it was meant to say was "informant was involved."

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
          No problem, Abby.

I also located the St. Giles Board of Works. They were the street cleaners for Tottenham Court Road. William Meagher worked for St. Giles Vestry, BoW. Some of the parts of the TCR torso were deposited over a railing in Bedford Square.

Off topic a bit, but Thomas Conway, Jr. was listed as Parish Sweeper Vestry in 1901.

A great set of Posts Jerry.

Steve

Comment

One interesting point in regard to John Arnold's report and the Whitehall report the day previous to that find. Arnold and the mysterious other person both asked for a reward. In fact, they both may have been John Arnold.

It's also interesting that the day before (Monday) the Whitehall report posted by Harry D. inquiring if a body had been found on the embankment (body was found on Tuesday), Frederick Wildbore had seen the parcel on Monday but claimed he thought it was an old coat. He saw it again on Monday night at works end. He saw it again early on Tuesday morning and showed it to his mate (Richard Lawrence) and it wasn't until Tuesday, late morning, he pulled his boss down in the vault to show him what turned out to be the torso of a woman.

I have speculated in the past that a reward was possibly the motivation for the torso's.
            Hi,
            As I mentioned, I'm new to the torsos and you've done an incredible amount of work.

There's a book in the works?

curious

Comment

No idea Gareth. Autocorrect in phone . Oops.

What it was meant to say was "informant was involved."

Steve
              So, are you seeing more than one person responsible for the torsos/predictions?

And, on another note --- how in the world could a torso wind up being dumped exactly where a policeman pointed out as a good place for a murder just a week earlier?

How could that possibly have happened . . . unless they were all talking about good places and watching certain areas more closely?

If it was an off-the-cuff remark said to just one person, it makes no sense, does it?

eerie.

curious

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post

And, on another note --- how in the world could a torso wind up being dumped exactly where a policeman pointed out as a good place for a murder just a week earlier?

How could that possibly have happened . . . unless they were all talking about good places and watching certain areas more closely?

If it was an off-the-cuff remark said to just one person, it makes no sense, does it?

eerie.

curious
                Before I took an interest in the Ripper murders I had occasion to walk along those railway arches at night, and I'm pretty sure I said exactly the same thing as the inspector. It's that sort of place, even today.

Comment

eerie.

curious
                  Let me be clear here.

I at present see no link between the earlier Torsos and those of 87-89.

I beleive a case can be suggested that those between 8u'89 involved more than a single person. Possible several involved working together.

Steve

Comment

Hi,
                    As I mentioned, I'm new to the torsos and you've done an incredible amount of work.

There's a book in the works?

curious
                    I'm waiting for Debs. Hopefully she will write a torso book, someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      Before I took an interest in the Ripper murders I had occasion to walk along those railway arches at night, and I'm pretty sure I said exactly the same thing as the inspector. It's that sort of place, even today.
                      Did a body show up shortly after you had the thought, JR?

Even though John Arnold changed his words several times about who his informant was, he did mention a police inspector he bumped into in Whitechapel Road, first. Perhaps Arnold overheard Moore relating the story of R. Harding Davis' visit to someone?
                      Last edited by jerryd; 04-10-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Ipswich Article (Mary Jane Kelly)

Published on 2nd November 1888. Body was found on November 9th, 1888.
                        Where's the Ipswich article, Jerry? I must have missed it.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

A great set of Posts Jerry.

Steve
                          Thanks, Steve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Where's the Ipswich article, Jerry? I must have missed it.
                            Post #2777, Gareth.

Comment

Let me be clear here.

I at present see no link between the earlier Torsos and those of 87-89.

I beleive a case can be suggested that those between 8u'89 involved more than a single person. Possible several involved working together.

Steve
                              Ah, interesting.
                              Thanks

curious

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

I see. Well, if I make it back to London, I'll be sure not to travel that area at night. I don't do creepy.

Comment

Working...
                                X