Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no arm there, she looks freaky alright, all her stuffs are very different, this is from Plague Mass, which was not a very common thing to her style, she dedicated the Plague mass to all the H.I.V and hepatite patients seeing it as the "modern divine punishment", and recorded it in the St John cathedral in New York, but if you listen to other albums, you'll find experimental jazz and blue , not really the kind of things you can listen to a whole day... i think i'll switch to Coven now, 70's atmosphere, cause if i listen to Mike Patton now, i'll be hyper for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
      no arm there, she looks freaky alright, all her stuffs are very different, this is from Plague Mass, which was not a very common thing to her style, she dedicated the Plague mass to all the H.I.V and hepatite patients seeing it as the "modern divine punishment", and recorded it in the St John cathedral in New York, but if you listen to other albums, you'll find experimental jazz and blue , not really the kind of things you can listen to a whole day... i think i'll switch to Coven now, 70's atmosphere, cause if i listen to Mike Patton now, i'll be hyper for a week.
      She certainly has an experimental and unique sound. I will check out more later. Right now I have the Trance collection on while I cook Sunday dinner.

Jen x
      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

you're cooking dinner at 15.37??? wow! what i was listening to right before was a better example of her opera-vocalist gift

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
          you're cooking dinner at 15.37??? wow! what i was listening to right before was a better example of her opera-vocalist gift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_-vd0OPpSc
          It's quarter to three here. We have late dinner on Sunday. My sons are coming over to share.
          babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

ahahahah i just had lunch, dinner comes around 20-21 here. but when the children are here, it's another thing

Comment

Two old rockers - both sadly no longer with us - singing a beautiful rough-diamond sort of version of Bob Marley's classic:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

After that I'm going to listen to a great hero of mine:

As usual, Pete gets the whole audience to sing along.

And then a bit of Tim Hardin:

One of my favorite folk songs of the 60s is "Reason to Believe" written by Tim Hardin in 1965 and covered by many other artists including Rod Stewart, The Ca...
              Last edited by Limehouse; 03-06-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Really enjoyed those and now I'm going to listen to something soothing:

Relax with the sound of Alka Bilk playing the Clarinet while looking at Beach Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  Really enjoyed those and now I'm going to listen to something soothing:

Relax with the sound of Alka Bilk playing the Clarinet while looking at Beach Photos

Simply superb music..those cascading strings in the background make this tune out of sight...

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Une cover de Benny Carter par la plus soul des reggae sisters

Comment

This isn't half bad for a B side.

Comment

I'm listening to a sad Kazakh song about a horse who can't give milk and must be destroyed and eaten. It's a tear-jerker.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                          Simply superb music..those cascading strings in the background make this tune out of sight...

best wishes

Phil
                          Glad you enjoyed it Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            This isn't half bad for a B side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OQaB0q5VPM
                            I really liked a lot of the Hollies later stuff - after Nash left. They recorded a particularly good version of Springsteen's 4th July Asbury - even before he was a big star.

Comment

It's a weird coincidence about Stranger On The Shore, for last night in an effort to get to sleep I tried to make a mental list of all the records I bought as a kid. Stranger On The Shore was one of them. The strings on the B side "Take My Lips" were good too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                                I'm listening to a sad Kazakh song about a horse who can't give milk and must be destroyed and eaten. It's a tear-jerker.

Mike
                                That does sound sad.I have been watching and listening to aljazeera a lot lately and earlier today they had some Israeli Arab musicians from years ago talking about their music and what they used to do.It was quite enchanting.

Comment

Working...
                                X