Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Kane...

Howdy Troopers,
    Could this be the same Gerard Kane that was a witness to Tony Deveroux's will?

From the Wirral Globe, first published Thursday 24th Jul 1997.
    Ex-steward guilty of stealing Liberal club's takings

'THE FORMER steward of Bebington Liberal Club has been convicted of stealing almost £2,000 in takings.
    A jury at Liverpool Crown Court took two hours to unanimously find Gerard Kane guilty of theft.
    Kane, aged 43, of New Chester Road, Birkenhead, had pleaded not guilty to theft of £1,963 from the club between August 1 and 15 last year.
    He was further remanded on bail for the preparation of reports and sentence on August 1.
    During a three-day trial the court heard that Kane, a regular at the club, was made steward in November 1995.
    Kane was responsible for the recording and control of cash takings from the club.
    This involved taking the money home for safe keeping because there was no safe on the premises, and banking it within a few days of each week's totting up, said Mr David Owen, prosecuting.
    But from March last year, the time between when he should have paid money in and when it was paid in grew gradually longer. The money that should have been paid in on August 5 never was, he said.
    Kane was sacked following a committee meeting during which he claimed someone else was responsible for the money going missing.
    When interviewed, Kane told police he had stopped taking the money home with him because there was too much of it.
    He told the court he did not take the money and claimed that at one stage he took out a loan to cover £300 that was missing.'
    Any ideas on this?

Regards,
    Steve Powell
    mon25feb2008

Comment

Anything having to do with the Maybrick Diary,whatever it is ..I ignore. It's got nothing to do with anything.
      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
      M. Pacana

Comment

Varqm ignores everything.

Gee, I could answer that, but would probably be sent off
        to 'pub talk' if I did.
        Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
          Anything having to do with the Maybrick Diary,whatever it is ..I ignore. It's got nothing to do with anything.
          Maybe Varqm, you ignore the diary because it is an obvious hoax?
          Fair enough .. but ...
          There are people though, that would like to know the person or persons
          who are responsible for, and behind the diary's existance.
          And ....
          There are probably people who do know the truth of the diary and do not
          want the truth to be known.
          And ....
          There are people also ... who do know the truth, or at least part of what
          did happen, and would like it out in the open, and finally put to rest,
          hence ..... the name of this thread,
          On The Trail Of The Forgers ...

Victoria
          "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
          of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

Whoever wrote it and continued to wrote about it decided I want to waste a lot of people's time.Now how can you like that ?
            Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
            M. Pacana

Comment

Hi Steve,

I take it that your publishers will be protecting your interests and their own, by insisting on proof from you before printing any claims you plan to make which would implicate anyone still alive in a money-making hoax?

The internet is a sight more 'tolerant' than any publisher would be, if they think they are being led down libel alley.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

By the way, Steve, I think you may need a ferry to cross the Mersey if you want to locate the right Citizen Kane.

Regarding Anne Graham's location down under, I seem to recall you were sittin' on the wrong dock of the bay, wastin' time etc etc.

And Feldy is still your nowhere man - can't be placed in Australia at all when you need him to be there.

Must be a sixties thang.

Love,

Caz
                X
                Last edited by caz; 02-25-2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                  Whoever wrote it and continued to wrote about it decided I want to waste a lot of people's time.Now how can you like that ?
                  I don't really follow your meaning here Varqm, whoever wrote it is probably
                  not continuing to write about it ... therefore they would not have decided
                  to waste a lot of people's time.
                  The initial idea behind the creation of the diary would not have been 'to waste people's time' ...
                  but possibly ...
                  To become famous or infamous,
                  and maybe
                  Started out as a prank,
                  and
                  either evolved, or was always intended to become something more,
                  as in having the public believe it to be true, and a money maker.

"Now how can you like that?"
                  It's not a question of like or not like, but more of just dealing with the
                  situation one finds oneself in, to the best one is able at the time.

Victoria
                  "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
                  of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

'yippy-ki-yay' fothermuckers.

Caroline Morris...
                    Yes, my publishers are right behind me
                    and will follow through to the bitter end.
                    They want me to name everyone that was
                    involved in the hoaxing of the diary.
                    And I know all of them.
                    I thought I would 'do the right thing'
                    and ask one of those involved themselves
                    what they had to say on the matter,
                    and what do I get; you.
                    He is too weak and timid to answer,
                    unlike an honest person that would do so.
                    The man in question is a crook, coward and traitor.
                    It seems to me that you are the
                    mouthpiece-puppet of this man who is guilty as hell.
                    Which leads me to wonder just what you know?
                    Are you just a misguided 'loyal'
                    or have you known all along of his involvement?
                    I don't need your 'advice' to tell me what to do.
                    I will do the right thing, no matter what.
                    And for your information,
                    Feldman can be placed in Australia at that time.

So, 'yippy-ki-yay' fothermuckers,
                    I'm on your trail.

oh, and of course,
                    'love' to you too 'caz'.

Steve Powell
                    tue26feb2008
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Powell View Post
                      Howdy Troopers,
                      Could this be the same Gerard Kane that was a witness to Tony Deveroux's will?

Originally posted by Steve Powell View Post
                      From the Wirral Globe, first published Thursday 24th Jul 1997.
                      Ex-steward guilty of stealing Liberal club's takings

'THE FORMER steward of Bebington Liberal Club has been convicted of stealing almost £2,000 in takings.
                      A jury at Liverpool Crown Court took two hours to unanimously find Gerard Kane guilty of theft.
                      Kane, aged 43, of New Chester Road, Birkenhead, had pleaded not guilty to theft of £1,963 from the club between August 1 and 15 last year. . . .'
                      Any ideas on this?

Regards,
                      Steve Powell
                      mon25feb2008
                      Hi Steve

The Gerard Kane identified by Melvin Harris as the possible penman for the Diary has been described as a "retired cabinetmaker" in poor health. He is said to have had a heart condition since the 1980's. He would seem to be older than the man in the news report that you quote. He also lives or lived in Liverpool 5 not "over the water" in Birkenhead.

Chris
                      Christopher T. George
                      Editor, Ripperologist
                      http://www.ripperologist.biz
                      http://chrisgeorge.netpublish.net

Comment

Hi Chris,

Whoever is feeding Stephen info is definitely not on his side - or the right side of the Mersey. Gerry and his pacemaker are outta sight.

Either that or our Stephen is the world's worst researcher.

Hi Our Stephen,

The man in question is a crook, coward and traitor.

If you can support this with any facts you can surely name the 'man in question' with no worries. If it's who I think it is, you already have his blessing to spill any true beans you have in your private bean collection so we can all have a good old rummage - and a good old laugh.

Now tell me again - who is supposed to be the coward?

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        Last edited by caz; 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks Chris for the info.

Comment

None of your business Morris.

Comment

Maybrick

Hang in there Steve. I don't believe for one minute that Maybrick was JTR. I've been waiting for a decade for someone to prove it. You go for it. Best wishes.

Aussie Aussie Aussie OY OY OY
                              Last edited by detective abberline; 02-26-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you Detective Abberline,
                                Good to hear that someone is still with me here.
                                You bet I will 'go for it' mate,
                                Anyone that believes that Maybrick was the Ripper
                                doesn't know Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X