No announcement yet.

Why not McCarthy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting eccentric in my old age. I believe that the woman killed in Mary Kelly's room was.....Mary Kelly!

Comment

Me Too

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      I am getting eccentric in my old age. I believe that the woman killed in Mary Kelly's room was.....Mary Kelly!
      Hi Robert,

So do I. If MJK wanted to escape her situation, she could simply have walked out. No need for a body double, let alone mutilation on the grand scale.

Regards, Bridewell.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi Colin

Yes, she could simply have done a bunk, if she was afraid of McCarthy, or let herself be evicted if she wasn't.

Comment

OK

Hello Jon. Thanks, but no need. Except on very special occasions, I exorcise the notion of a sexual serial killer from my mind.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

face

Hello Colin. Most of the "thwarting identification" would involve the face.

Organs? Perhaps the killer had read the papers?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

bio

Hello Robert. Wouldn't have her bio handy? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

huh?

Hello (again) Colin.

"No need for a body double, let alone mutilation on the grand scale."

Double? Who suggested that?

And I would suggest that the mutilation was not the victim's idea.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  3. A killer who disfigures to thwart identification.
                  Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi Lynn,
                  For what it's worth, my vote goes to your No. 3.
                  If the Millers Court victim ultimately proves to have been MJK, I'll eat my very jaunty Panama hat.

Batman & Robin leap in and change Gene's thread from Suspects/McCarthy to something totally different.

Roy
                  Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello (again) Colin.

"No need for a body double, let alone mutilation on the grand scale."

Double? Who suggested that?
                    Hi Lynn,

There are those, myself not included, who argue that the woman slain was not Mary Kelly.
                    And I would suggest that the mutilation was not the victim's idea.

Cheers.
                    LC
                    I don't think anyone's going to argue with that one!
                    Regards, Bridewell
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

oops

Hello Roy. Are you suggesting we are off topic, like post #38?

Oops! Beg pardon.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Mjk

Hello Colin. Thanks. Wonder why the blank when we look for her antecedents?

At any rate, she was known, most likely, as Mary Kelly. And I daresay McCarthy knew her by that name. (Like that better, Roy? heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Indeed why not McCarthy?

Hi Gene

I don't think it's an overbold question for a newbie...It's the very one I posed on a similar thread not so long ago...http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6449

I believe there may be mileage in the blackmail theory...and there could be a lot to blackmail him for...he's got a window in his shop's backroom which overlooks MJKs back door and the entry to Millers Court proper...both conveniently illuminated by a handy gas lamp...

He knows who visits whom and when...there has even been the suggestion that he may have been acting as a message service for the prostitutes within the court (and there are at least a couple, maybe more) or he could even be more actively involved...he's known locally as a bully after all and in contemporary prostitutes verbiage this could translate to pimp...I hasten to add there's no evidence...but how could there be at this distance in time?

So if he knows all about the residents and their activities, what does MJK know about him...if he's been threatening MJK for the arrears (or a bigger cut) and she's still there, what on earth can she have over him?

Hope you have better luck getting answers than I did!

All the best

Dave

Comment

A theory in which the Ripper was a blackmailing bully would never go over, Dave. Too many holes in it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom

But how about a blackmailed bully?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave. I was being silly, Le Grand being a blackmailing bully and all. But I am intrigued by your suggestion that someone was blackmailing McCarthy. Who, how, and why?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X