Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overkill

Hello Colin.

"The silencing of a blackmailer would be (to me) the only conceivable motive, but the injuries to MJK are way over the top for what would be necessary to achieve that aim."

And I believe you have gotten to the nub here. ANY theory of MJK seems to require a good explanation of her final "condition."

That seems to leave us with:

1. A mentally ill person with a "love" motive.
    2. A mentally ill person with a "political/religious" motive.
    3. A killer who disfigures to thwart identification.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

there was not a sign of composure, or of self preservation,
      Well, I think that there are quite a lot of signs of composure...

a) If Kelly was killed by a client, then I would be really surprised that she neatly folded her clothes on the chair...imagine the scenario...

...And if she crashed out drunk, alone, I'm also surprised that she neatly folded them...

OK, there are are some people who are obsessively tidy -but it doesn't seem to fit what we know of Mary's personality.

I think that the chances are that it was the killer who folded them. A person who had been institutionalised, or was ocd, or obsessive about detail...and a man. (I hate to say this, but working in an hotel, I know that men in general, are far far tidier than women).

b) The killer did actually get away without being spotted -I'm sure that it took planning and a cold head.

c) The killer must have stoked that fire -it would have died out, and I can't believe that she would of burned clothing that coud be pawned -even if she was so uncaring as to burn clothes given to her for safekeeping by a friend...and I don't think that she was uncaring (her friend trusted her with the clothes-probably based on experience).

D) The killer stoked the fire for a reason...light and warmth being the obvious.
      It was so hot in that tiny room that it melted the solder off the kettle. The killer must have undressed totally -for comfort- but also he would never have blood on his clothes when he left, which he counted on.

e) The killer took the time to arrange the body parts and pose the body...I don't think that he was in an over excited 'flap' -rather tidy and nasty and flamboyant..someone all round gifted and bright, but intrinsically cruel (yep, joins the thread on Somatic Narcissicm).

Otherwise, to go back to the original premise of this thread..I certainly don't think that McCarthy was the culprit...for starters you woudn't top someone who owed you money, and it would be obvious to send your strong man round (Bowyer), rather than the wife and kid...
      http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Hi Lynn,

For what it's worth, my vote goes to your No. 3.

If the Millers Court victim ultimately proves to have been MJK, I'll eat my very jaunty Panama hat.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

P's and Q's

Hello Simon. Thanks.

Whoever died in Miller's Court, it was NOT MJK. We have no record of such a person.

If, however, we find the complete details, I'll be happy to retract and stand a pint to the lucky/skilled researcher. (Yes, I think I already owe you 2 pints.)

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

If the Millers Court victim ultimately proves to have been MJK, I'll eat my very jaunty Panama hat.
            Bon appetit !
            http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Simon. Thanks.

Whoever died in Miller's Court, it was NOT MJK. We have no record of such a person.
              Ah yes, Lynn - but was it the person calling herself MJK? That's a question.

Comment

that's easy

Hello Sally. Oh, I think so.

But I would like to know her REAL name. Where did she come from? What was she about? Who was her friend in the Elephant and Castle district? Who was Joe Fleming?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Hello Sally. Oh, I think so.

But I would like to know her REAL name. Where did she come from? What was she about? Who was her friend in the Elephant and Castle district? Who was Joe Fleming?

Cheers.
                  LC
                  We'd all like to know that Lynn! I didn't know she had a friend in the Elephant and Castle District?

Comment

Hi Lynn

And I believe you have gotten to the nub here. ANY theory of MJK seems to require a good explanation of her final "condition."

That seems to leave us with:

1. A mentally ill person with a "love" motive.
                    2. A mentally ill person with a "political/religious" motive.
                    3. A killer who disfigures to thwart identification.
                    You`re forgetting the nutter who likes cutting up and disemboweling people for no apparent reason or motive.

Comment

nah

Hello Jon. Actually, the omission was intentional.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

E & C district

Hello Sally. Yes. That is the information I have.

Wouldn't happen to have a list of Sir Ed's girls lying about?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Hello Jon. Actually, the omission was intentional.
                          Cheers.
                          LC
                          Sorry Lynn, I do apologise.

Why? I missed the point you were making.

Comment

A killer who disfigures to thwart identification.
                            Does not compute in my view. If the motive was to thwart identification why flay the limbs and remove internal organs?

Regards, Bridewell.
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi,
                              I am surprised that this thread is still competitive , it is almost beyond question that McCarthy was not the killer.
                              The reason why he allowed Kelly to run up debt, is likely to be out of compassion, the streets were hardly safe , and we know Mrs McCarthy was anxious, and she would not have wanted her husband to turn Mary out , whilst the killer was at large.
                              Rubyretro.
                              You must tell my wife that men are more tidier then women..I like that one,
                              I dispute that Kelly was slovenly, she appears to have always been neat and tidy., Dew has her always wearing a spotless white apron, she also her fine head of hair to take care of, and the bedroll was ''apparently''rolled up.
                              We don't know that her clothes were neatly folded.
                              The police at least initially believed, that the killer did not light the fire because of light, believing the act happened in daylight, it was for the burning of clothing.
                              I see the killer as in a frenzied mood, that was very anxious to rob Kelly of all her femininity , making it more of a act of jealousy . like the police initially thought.
                              Regards Richard.

Comment

Robert "McCarthy would have been bonkers to kill Kelly in this manner, in one of his own rooms, next door to where he lived." = that's the most important reason why he could be The man...
                                His man Bowyer
                                (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Comment

Working...
                                X