History of Ripperology Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of Ripperology Documentary

I think it would be interesting to see a documentary that chronicals the history of the search for Jack the Ripper, starting with the histeria during the murders themselves to the present.

One that explored the reasons why people spend so much time hunting for a killer long dead, that explained why certain theories became so ingrained in popular media, reveals the controversies, the discoveries of new evidence, and tells us about the greatest contributers in this field.

I wonder, has it already been done?
    "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Originally posted by Madam Red View Post
    I wonder, has it already been done?
    Nope. But I'd watch it too.

Comment

This would be something I'd like to watch too. Like any disapline, Ripperology has a definite history, with investigation influenced by the work before and bonifed "new" documents coming to light even relatively recently and changing the game.

Perhaps it's something I should add to the suggestion post on Rippercast (audio being much cheaper than video)?

Comment

I recommend people read Ripperology: A Study of the World's First Serial Killer and a Literary Phenomenon by Robin Odell. It's the best and only history of Ripperology we've got.

JM

Comment

Anyone who was at the last Baltimore Conference may have been lucky enough to get this book signed by Robin and Don Rumbelow (who wrote the intro) on the day of publication.

Comment

Originally posted by snoo View Post
            Perhaps it's something I should add to the suggestion post on Rippercast (audio being much cheaper than video)?
            Definitely! It would be an interesting discussion to hear.

I recommend people read Ripperology: A Study of the World's First Serial Killer and a Literary Phenomenon by Robin Odell. It's the best and only history of Ripperology we've got.
            I'll certainly have to check that out, then. Thanks.
            "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Working...
            X