The World of Jack The Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World of Jack The Ripper

am currently watching "The World of Jack the Ripper" on History International. It is great. It uses computer graphics to replacate The East End in that time, using reenactments and commentary leading Ripperologists and London historians, including Donald Rumbelow, Richard Jones, Mel Trow, and our favorite tour guide, Phillip "George" Hutchinson. Hopefully, it'll be put on Youtube in the near future.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Just watched it.

Comment

JT,Flagg...

Hopefully this documentary will serve as a template for future civilian made documentaries and which other producers will emulate to treat the Case in a less sensationalistic fashion.

While its true that documentaries made by "outsiders" will normally try to stimulate the viewer with a suspect in order to entertain...and frankly, in my view, there are entertaining suspect based documentaries....it might be best for the community and the future cadre of Ripperologist to start off with a documentary such as " The World Of Jack The Ripper" instead of efforts I'll leave to your own imagination.

Some within our ranks have suggested that there is a greater need for scholarship within the community. Yet, civilian made documentaries often stimulate individuals in the wrong way by dressing up pigs in pearls and discouraging potentially productive individuals from pursuing the WM after they find out that they've been given half truths and distortions.

Its one of the most beneficial documentaries in the last decade, if not ever, in my not so humble view.

Comment

I have to say as someone new to the subject I am very happy to lucked in to this show. It is indeed excellent and trying to relate the facts from fiction.

Comment

Was just searching the History International website and I see no mention of this show. Anyone know if it's going to be on again?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, folks. It's still far from error-free, though (and one of those errors is my own). However, I've yet to see a Ripper documentary that makes no mistakes.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

I found a clip of it.
              http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eazp45XgB3A

It looks incrediably excellent. Looking for the complete documentary online.
              "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Madam, thanks a lot.
                I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Terrifying reality

Imagine an immersive virtual reality facility that could put you in a recreated Victorian London and allowed you to visit the murder scenes at any time and programme in certain variables... like that holodeck in Star Trek... Ah, yes, I'm thinking of the holodeck in Star Trek. Damn. Oh well, we only have to wait a few centuries for the technology!

The documentary looks fantastic - very exciting. I'd happily pay good money for it if it came out on DVD.

Good work.
                  "We want to assemble all the incomplete movements, like cubists, until the point is reached where the crime can commit itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Madam Red View Post
                    I found a clip of it.
                    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eazp45XgB3A

It looks incrediably excellent. Looking for the complete documentary online.
                    I tried the link, but Google won't connect it. I did go to youtube, however, and directly typed "The World of Jack the Ripper" into the search section and was able to pull up the clips from that series.

Very interesting. Thanks!

~Chadwick.

Comment

Working...
                    X