JTR Pysch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR Pysch

In my opinion, the pathology of JTR is unique I don't believe a comparison can be made between JTR, Jeffrey Dalmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson or any other serial killer
    The way I see the perpatrator is that he's a predator The vics crossed his path, not he theirs Their number and their being poor starving prostitutes is circumstantial Hatred of prostitutes, fear of women doesn't enter into the equation. What's true now was true then JTR's pathology started within his nuclear family at a young age and progressed to the point where these women were his prey and nothing more I don't buy JTR having a family unit or being close to his relatives because he doesn't have the capability to relate emotionally.

When JTR is successful in a kill, I can't see him bringing drugs, ether, chloroform or a bag/gag to silence the vic The item needed would have to be concealed then taken away again His strike was physical, hands and the knife were his tools Anything besides these become problematic

I believe that Stride and MJK may be other than JTR kills With Stride a different knife was used by a right handed man and MJK's murder being inside a room during the rain sets up the potential for the killer being recognized and trapped
    A successful predator won't stray all night with its kill but may move it for a return later

I cannot give much weight to McNaughten's statement that there were only these five. He had professional reasons to try to calm the public and avoid panic or riots. Although he couldn't stop those who pointed fingers at the Duke of Clarence or Druitt Those two are just patently ridiculous as suspect. I must agree though that the only way the killing was stopped was because jTR was either inprisoned or dead.
    Aberline's statement of later years that the ripper was caught was probably wishful thinking.

Cross/Lechmere remains a person of interest for me because he lived in the area where the killings took place and he is an ordinary resident
    JTR's success as a killer depends on him blending in and not being discovered or pointed out.
    He would have been on alert for someone coming onto the scene
    and knew what route to take to get away

Thanks for the interesting reading on the subject and thanks Aberlime for the enhanced photos

Julie Newly

Every serial killer is unique, but that does not mean that comparisons cannot be made. There is an old saw that there is nothing new in the world, and when it comes to crime, that's absolutely true. The pathology of Jack the Ripper and Jeffrey Dahmer may intersect in some ways, and not at all in others. But since we know quite a bit about the mindset of Jeffrey Dahmer and several other serial killers, it is not unreasonable to try them on a killer who we know nothing about. Just because we may be throwing a bunch of stuff at a wall doesn't mean something won't stick. And quite frankly, so many people have problems trying to encompass the vast array of triggers for a serial killer, that an illustrative example of someone known is a good way to expand ideas.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
    X