Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18000 Quid, pleeeeeeeeeeeease
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

"I should think fellows with plenty of money and no brains must have been created for the good of fellows with plenty of brains and no money."
      Arthur Orton, aka Sir Roger Tichborne.

Comment

Question....

The question is....

Is the rich bloke who bought these items going to write a 'Jack the Ripper:Case Solved' book?

Can you imagine it....
        D.N.A. Being extracted from the whistle

Hair samples from the truncheon

Blood scrapings from the handcuffs

The name of the a Ripper in the notebook!

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
          Well, Cris, at least you have horse sense... which is more than can be said for many.

Archaic
          And my horses taught me that... the hard way.

When you've got more than one, learn the pecking order before you follow them into the barn to feed.

Don't try to break a green horse when you've had a six pack (or more.)

Wait till they exhale before you're confident that the girth is tight.

And... even though their brain is the size of a tennis ball, they never forget a negative experience... often to your detriment if you're not careful.

Don't tie one mare to a picket line of geldings unless you want to stay up all night.

You can become one with each other, or he can throw, kick, bite... or whatever when he's had enough of you.

And last... their trust in you is based entirely on what you purvey to them.

Don't know what this has in reference to spending money stupidly, but it makes sense to horses and I found it good advice when choosing friends.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Once again it says that Watkins was carrying the whistle on the fateful night, but as far as I can see he was not. Doesn't stop it being his whistle of course.

Comment

Can we at least say that it was his post-1888?

Comment

It shows the continuing mystique of the Jack the Ripper name that even something as peripheral as these items bring prices far above their value. Now, if we could just find his knife...!

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                  Hi guys. Well, the auction is over. Items went for over 5 times the estimate.

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nor...shire-30428747

Was any providence ever ascertained regarding these items?

If they did come from his widow, would be interested to know whether his medal(s) are known to exist?

Have theses items from the auction ever been heard of or sold on again since?

Comment

Working...
                  X