Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Year in Review- Suggestions from Listeners

Hi all,

The Rippercast 2009 Year in Review show will record this Sunday, 20 December.

We have compiled quite a list, but if there is a special mention that you, our treasured listeners, think should be made of notable people, discoveries, books, media etc etc etc, in this year that's quickly coming to a close, please discuss them in this thread.

Thanks!

JM

Hi, Jon.

Regarding 2009's "notable people", I think that Rob Clack, the winner of the first Beadle Award, deserves special mention.

Cheers, Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Hi, Jon.

Regarding 2009's "notable people", I think that Rob Clack, the winner of the first Beadle Award, deserves special mention.

Cheers, Archaic
      Absolutely.

...and wait to see what he has lined up for you all in the New Year.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Absolutely.

...and wait to see what he has lined up for you all in the New Year.

Monty
        I think you mean WE.

Rob

Comment

Mike Covell

I think Mike Covell should be mentioned for his findings on Charles Le Grand. Of course, I'm biased, but I consider these the most important discoveries of the year, since they prove that Le Grand was a contemporary suspect, strongly suspected by certain Scotland Yard detectives. It's shed a whole new light on the research I'd done and put a fire under my butt to finally start doing something with it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Debs should be top of the list for notable people, some great finds this year (same as any other year really) most notably finding the real Timothy Donovan.

Rob

Comment

Debs should be at the top of the list EVERY year. Someone remarked to me that Debs is the secret genius amongst us all and I'm inclined to agree.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                I think Mike Covell should be mentioned for his findings on Charles Le Grand. Of course, I'm biased, but I consider these the most important discoveries of the year, since they prove that Le Grand was a contemporary suspect, strongly suspected by certain Scotland Yard detectives. It's shed a whole new light on the research I'd done and put a fire under my butt to finally start doing something with it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                Mike Covell will actually be on the show, and we won't miss talking about Le Grand.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  Absolutely.
                  ...and wait to see what he has lined up for you all in the New Year. Monty
                  Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                  I think you mean WE.
                  Rob
                  Look, Monty & Rob, if you guys have solved the case, please keep it to yourselves.

Don't spoil it for the rest of us.

I don't want to have to take up knitting.

Yours truly, Archaic

Comment

Hi, Jon.

I think John Bennet deserves special thanks for all his work on the Ripper Wiki. We are very fortunate to have such a valuable resource at our fingertips.

Happy Holidays & A Joyous New Year To All!
                    Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                      I think you mean WE.

Rob
                      We? Thought you were working on it?

Debs has been at the forefront of rersearch for a number of years now.

I swear its my mission to get her name on the Achievement award next time around. I could list numerous finds which have aided us all and educated to boot.

She quietly goes along, working away and always has time to help an average researcher like myself.

Over half the stuff you see me put out Debs has had an input is one way or another.

I know Rob will testify this, but outside of Keith Skinner, you'll rarely find a better researcher.

Monty

PS John is equally fantastic too. We truely are blessed.
                      Monty

Comment

To Monty

Keith Skinner? Do leave it out ....Debs is in the lead by miles!

Comment

Do you know what...those that know me well and have given me so much support, (and I don't need to name them here because they know full well who they are,) know what a really difficult and sad year i've had this year, but reading these posts of support just makes everything worthwhile...
                          Thanks so much all of you, and Merry Christmas

Comment

Debs

The cheque is in the post I assume?

Monty

x
                            Monty

Comment

Monty, will you settle for a Lilly of the Valley talc set? (unwanted Xmas gift)

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              I think Mike Covell should be mentioned for his findings on Charles Le Grand. Of course, I'm biased, but I consider these the most important discoveries of the year, since they prove that Le Grand was a contemporary suspect, strongly suspected by certain Scotland Yard detectives.
                              I'm with Tom here, something fresh and interesting that just about managed to turn up in 2009 thanks to Mike! Glad to see it will be covered in the podcast JM.

And John deserves a medal for his tireless work on the Ripper Wiki.

Comment

Working...
                              X