No announcement yet.

Ep. #39- A Diseased and Vile Creature: Thomas Cutbush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Essen Rape" that AP refers to is found in his book Jack the Myth. Like with most of AP's "stories" it's heavy in accusation and completely missing in any actual details or facts that could allow the reader to verify his claims.

A series of rapes going on, a girl suspicious of her boyfriend goes to the police only to be turned away, cruelly. Undaunted, she is later in a bar happily telling all about her how she thinks her boyfriend is a rapist, when police from a nearby district happen to overhear her and ask her to repeat her story. She of course does, and they investigate only to find that her boyfriend is the son of one of the officers from the first precinct, so of course they were covering it up.

No names given, not of the officer, not of the supposed rapist. No trial mentioned so we could find out if the kid actually went to trial, or any actual facts to back up this story.

Maybe the Germans amongst us could investigate?? Supposedly it happened in 1991, I believe.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      Funny, isn't it. I think that Ally's contributions are the best part of the shows but, as Rob says, chacun à son goût (if that's the phrase I want). As to the munching sounds, I always thought that was me since I usually enjoy a nice snack while listening to the podcasts.
      Finally, a validation that I was not hallucinating snacks. I been trying to work out of all the stuff in the world to hallucinate, why crunchy snacks. Maybe now the devil will shut the hell up!
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Hi Ally

re Essen: no success googling various keywords.
        But I contacted someone from the area and he now investigates in Essen. Will post again when there's news.

Christian

Comment

I’ve just been listening in to the excellent episode with Richard Jones (a Star). However I can find no trace of munching, chomping or lip licking? Are you certain you aren’t confusing the sound of 'earth buzz' and static with culinary exploitation of podcasts?

I really think we should get to the bottom of snacking on air? Does it exist? and who are the perpetrators?

I am yet to be convinced

Pirate

Comment

Maybe JM could use this as a fundraiser - "Guess what was eaten tonight" - and hook it up to one of those ripoff phone numbers.

Comment

Hi Christian, thanks for the search. Being that my German is sadly limited, google gave me no results at all, so I am glad that there are others who are willing to verify. Please do let me know what you find and thanks again.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                Hi Christian, thanks for the search. Being that my German is sadly limited, google gave me no results at all, so I am glad that there are others who are willing to verify. Please do let me know what you find and thanks again.
                I also failed to find a matching case. It's not like there couldn't be such a case, my search got enough hits on similar incidents in Germany, there just wasn't anything on that specific one.
                I'm really interested what chris's contact will find out. (Also sorry chris that I didn't answer your PMs before, exams and normal life kept me out of this board for a while.)
                "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
                "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

Hi JSchmidt,

You found similar incidents in Germany where a police force conspired to cover up for an officer's rapist son?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                    Hi JSchmidt,

You found similar incidents in Germany where a police force conspired to cover up for an officer's rapist son?
                    Well, to be more clear: mostly incidents of abuse of the power and station of being a policeman. Cases of rape, lethal use of force, child abuse. One case of policemen running a brothel. Giving information to criminals etc.
                    Can't find a totally identical case though.
                    "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer

Comment

Message from AP : he was living in Essen at the time, and researched the case in the local archives.

Comment

Hi Robert,

That's all well and good but I am afraid it doesn't actually shed any actual light on the supposed case at all and doesn't provide a single illuminating detail as to the veracity of AP's story. I mean I find it fascinating. Specifically what I find fascinating is how the Bochum police department was kept so well informed of what the Essen police department was doing (two separate police forces in differing towns) that the supposed Bochum officer was able to feed details on the Essen stakeouts in time for the son to evade them and avoid capture. I mean, knowing police like I do, I find it amazing to think they'd spread the stakeout details to every officer in their own department, much less provide the details to neighboring police forces too!
                        Last edited by Ally; 02-11-2009, 11:02 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Hi Ally

If I get any more info, I'll relay it here.

Comment

I feel guilty somehow for asking about the Essen story.

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt View Post
                              I feel guilty somehow for asking about the Essen story.

why on earth should you feel guilty ?

Comment

I agree with Norma, there is absolutely no reason to feel guilty. There are only two possibilities here. Either the case exists exactly as AP reported it, and he will provide the details so that we can study this case, which is frankly fascinating with all the various twists and turns. Or the case doesn't exist, in which case, AP invented a story that has no basis in fact, which would hardly be the first time he'd done so, and you are hardly the one who should feel guilty about that.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                                X