Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mrs. Maxwell Didn't See Mary Who Did She See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This report from the Echo 10 Nov is interesting;

"The post-mortem examination-in-chief was only commenced this morning, at the early hour of half-past seven, when Dr. Phillips, Dr. Bond, Dr. Hibbert, and other experts attended. Some portions of the body are missing, and, says an Echo reporter, writing at two o'clock this afternoon, Dr. Phillips and Dr. Bond, accompanied by Inspector Moor, Inspector Abberline, and Inspector Reid, are again paying a visit to Miller's-court, in order to examine the ashes found in the grate, as it is thought small parts of the body may have been burnt."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      I wouldn't take Walter Dew's memoirs on Miller's Court as being in any way trustworthy.
      Me either.

He was a detective constable at the time.

Made inspector in 1898.

Reckon Mary Kelly was hiding out in Dorset Street,not parading around with others.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Who do you think is in a position to know?

I notice putting "My name is Dave" at the bottom of your post doesn't work either, Debs.
        They night have missed the liver when they removed the other organs.

Seems Debs lives in an Australian mountain range as well. Nice up here.

Trev doesn't remember addressing me as Debs,so it cannot have happened.
        Last edited by DJA; 07-10-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          Hi Debs

It was not my post that referred to you as Dave !

Hi Trevor,
          You replied to DJA's (Dave) post and addressed it to me. Wickerman noticed too. I haven't taken part in the discussion up to now. I wanted to point it out because it happens quite a bit and I don't necessarily want mine and DJA's (Dave) views to be confused. No offence to DJA (Dave.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
            This report from the Echo 10 Nov is interesting;

"The post-mortem examination-in-chief was only commenced this morning, at the early hour of half-past seven, when Dr. Phillips, Dr. Bond, Dr. Hibbert, and other experts attended. Some portions of the body are missing, and, says an Echo reporter, writing at two o'clock this afternoon, Dr. Phillips and Dr. Bond, accompanied by Inspector Moor, Inspector Abberline, and Inspector Reid, are again paying a visit to Miller's-court, in order to examine the ashes found in the grate, as it is thought small parts of the body may have been burnt."
            Hence Dr Bond writing in his report that the heart was absent. He could not account for it`s whereabouts. We now know that only clothing was found in the fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
              Hi Trevor,
              You replied to DJA's (Dave) post and addressed it to me. Wickerman noticed too. I haven't taken part in the discussion up to now. I wanted to point it out because it happens quite a bit and I don't necessarily want mine and DJA's (Dave) views to be confused. No offence to DJA (Dave.)
              I'm quite happy to change mine.

Originally thought a fellow Aussie was using his initials,so I followed suit.

There have been other Daves on this forum.
              Crikey, there are big mobs of us up here. At one stage I assigned us numbers.

Thought using "My name is Dave" and "Some Australian Mountain range" would suffice,but we all know Trevor
              Last edited by DJA; 07-10-2018, 05:23 AM. Reason: up

Comment

• To be fair to Reid etc They wouldn't know if the heart was missing or not, especially since the body was hacked up with parts everywhere.
                They were there to try and collect evidence, such as it was. Did anybody see the killer, did he leave a knife behind etc.
                They would leave the body part issue to the Doctor's and their reports. And Bond said the heart was absent.

Comment

• LOL DJA and Debs sigs. too funny.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    I'm quite happy to change mine.

Originally thought a fellow Aussie was using his initials,so I followed suit.

There have been other Daves on this forum.
                    Crikey, there are big mobs of us up here. At one stage I assigned us numbers.

Thought using "My name is Dave" and "Some Australian Mountain range" would suffice,but we all know Trevor
                    It only confuses some of the people who are familiar my email address. Don't worry about it, Dave. Me signing off as Debs, and you as Dave, in our sigs. should be enough for the more observant posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                      Hence Dr Bond writing in his report that the heart was absent. He could not account for it`s whereabouts. We now know that only clothing was found in the fire.
                      Well if he could not account for it, why did he not state the killer had taken it away, That would be the obvious things to do would it not. Yet we see no evidence thereafter from anyone to support the belief that the killer took it away

I say again "absent from the pericardium" means it was not where it should have been within the body. How anyone can infer from that the killer took it away is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Well if he could not account for it, why did he not state the killer had taken it away,
                        Why would Bond write that the killer took it away, when it could have been destroyed in the fire ?

Comment

Why would Bond write that the killer took it away, when it could have been destroyed in the fire ?
                          Excellent point. Jon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                            Excellent point. Jon.
                            Cheers Dave

I can only think of 5 options for the whereabouts of the absent heart.

1. It was burnt
                            2. It was concealed somewhere in the room
                            3. The medics missed it
                            4. It was eaten
                            5. Taken away by the killer
                            Last edited by Jon Guy; 07-10-2018, 06:53 AM. Reason: sorry .. 5 options

Comment

• Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                              Bottom line is there was no 'doppleganger' of Mary Kelly as the woman described by both Mrs Maxwell and Maurice Lewis was completely different from the woman known as Mary Kelly. She was described by both of them as a short dark stout woman, whom Lewis claimed to have known for about five years, what ! Mary was not even in the East End then. Maxwell described her as a quiet woman who kept herself to herself,and seemed to be unaware she had been living with Barnett up until a few days before her death. She claimed to have spoken to her about twice in a couple of months and in her story claims Mary called her 'Carrie' as if she were an intimate friend.

The whole thing smells worse than rotten haddock and knowing how powerful the bosses of the lodging houses were, l believe she was trying to throw the authorities off the scent, perhaps Lewis had been' leaned' on too. The police I believe did check the pubs, strange no one saw Mary Kelly drinking in the Britannia round about 9am when Lewis claimed she went in.

When evidence is so contradictory you got to ask why? What is going on?

miss marple
                              A much overlooked post.

Comment

Cheers Dave

I can only think of 5 options for the whereabouts of the absent heart.

1. It was burnt
                                2. It was concealed somewhere in the room
                                3. The medics missed it
                                4. It was eaten
                                5. Taken away by the killer
                                exactly. if the heart was found in the room it would have been noted.
                                "Is all that we see or seem
                                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X