• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s an SJW ?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Prepare for Disney’s Ted Bundy Children’s Park. All good fun.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Michael, a Social Justice Warrior is someone who seeks out various left-wing causes in order to do tweets, facebook posts etc, acquire "friends" and ultimately make a tidy sum out of the whole business.

To call them warriors is somewhat over the top, since if they ever got in a real fight they'd crap their pants.

Comment

Cheers Robert,

I should have guessed that.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            You transphobic! He was transdextrous.
            Watch it!

I've got Google,you know.

Unlike,apparently,Herlock
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

The problem is DJA that I’m a bit of a Luddite and a pretty late convert to technology. I’m hopefully improving though

The term SJW materialises in my mind now in the form of a ‘protest’ that I saw a few weeks ago when a collection of rather embarrassed looking student types ‘protested’ inside a cafe that used WW2 imagery (Churchill, Spitfires etc) They were chanting things like ‘Churchill was a war criminal,’ and best of all ‘we have nothing to lose but our chains!’ It was like watching a very poor school play. I couldn’t avoid thinking that this was purely self-aggrandisement. A pathetic attempt at being heroic and noble. Pick an easy target like a tea room and suddenly you’re Gandhi.

I’m on the left by inclination. A lifelong Labour voter. Some of the ‘causes’ being pursued though are pathetic. The dreaded curse of political correctness is dangerous. These are the main reasons, along with plastic politicians who can’t answer a question without spouting a script, that I really can’t see me being bothered to vote again.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Michael

"Social Justice Warrior" is a wonderful misnomer.

Social? They're virulently anti-social, wanting nothing to do with anyone who disagrees with them. If they do somehow have something to do with someone who disagrees with them, they demand a safe space - seemingly unaware that they have acres of safe space inside their own heads.

Justice. That's just the usual palaver of trying to get their consciences paid for by someone else.

Warrior. Well, they like to go on what they call marches. Trouble is, they can't march - it's more a slovenly crawl. They can't keep in step, and they certainly shouldn't be stepped in.

Comment

The phrase 'safe space' is one that I've heard before. Are people becoming so childlike that they simply can't cope with hearing different opinions. It's as if they think that we can achieve a world we're we all agree on everything and no one need ever be upset again. It's pathetic.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Alcoholics Anonymous would qualify as a safe space.
                    Excellent organization.
                    Horses for courses.

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Yes AA meetings ban the drinking of alcohol on the premises.

But a SJW student with a drink problem would object to a speaker at the university having a sip of wine while making his speech, even if he was talking about, say, oceanography.

Comment

In poor taste, which is exactly as it should be. It's a museum about crime and criminals. It's the spiritual heir of the penny dreadfuls, and Madame Tussaud's Chamber of Horrors. We seem as a species to need a certain amount of this, possibly for catharsis. My online virtual hat is doffed to 'em.
                        - Ginger

Comment

This is your typical SJW or "Soyboy" of Antifa....using a riot baton against the fists of one of the "Proud Boys" of Portland.

Does anyone remember Lennnox Lewis knocking out Razor Ruddock?
                          My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

He who doesn't vote, Herlock, deserves the government he gets...
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

I have to say it though...there is surely a big difference between the contempt that we rightly reserve for things like ‘safe spaces’ and political correctness and this. If Jack The Ripper was just a bogeyman figure of imagination then there would be no issue. It just seems a bit ‘strange’ to have a serial killer connected with ‘fun.’
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                                He who doesn't vote, Herlock, deserves the government he gets...
                                The problem is that Labour appear to have no clue and the Tories, as ever, have no care. The Liberals might as well not exist. UKIP now have no need to exist. The Greens are.....well, The Greens.

The Monster Raving Loony Party are beginning to look like an option.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X