Ipswich Murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipswich Murders

ITV currently have a doc on about these killings. It is really intersting to see how an event like JtR would be played out today.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

I missed the documentary last night and only found out is was on half way through. I hope it is repeated!
    Regards Mike

Comment

It was OK (except for the advert breaks!) and there were some Suffolk accents! (see post in pub talk).

It just shows you how well DNA and CCTV serve to help police when a murderer is operating in a relatively small area. JtR woulod have had no chance.

Comment

I think Wright killed the other five (Beattles, Pearman, Pratt, Duncan, Hall) but I just know he worked alone. The suggestion that he worked with a partner is taken up by people who can't understand how Wright could morally have killed all those girls, and thus believe he couldn't have physically done such an evil deed alone.

Comment

I think Adrian Bradshaw killed Vicki Hall.
          I think Wright is Mr Kipper.

Comment

Wonder if they showed our local High Street in Plumstead....where he was landlord of a pub I walk past,when I go to the train station.

Mind you,it's a bit of a dump nowadays,so maybe not!!!

Comment

I recently finished the book "Hunting Evil" by Paul Harrison and David Wilson, which covers the murders. It's not a bad read.

I have just ordered, Cold Blooded Evil by Neil Root and Pure Evil by Maureen Harvey.
              Regards Mike

Comment

Hunting Evil is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                  I don'tl know anything about Adrian Bradshaw, will have to google!

As for Mr Kipper, having read 'Ladykiller' I find it hard to get past John Cannan although the author of that book seems now convinced that Mr Kipper wa sin fact Sams - has anyone read the later book?

and

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                    I don'tl know anything about Adrian Bradshaw, will have to google!

As for Mr Kipper, having read 'Ladykiller' I find it hard to get past John Cannan although the author of that book seems now convinced that Mr Kipper wa sin fact Sams - has anyone read the later book?

and

PS It seems the detective leading the case agrees with me:
                    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1579710/Steve-Wright-'did-not-kill-Suzy-Lamplugh'.html

However, we all know how often detectives disagree, and how prone they are - like the rest of us - to take a position and then refuse to budge from it! So I certainly would not put it past some detectives and police forces to bend the evidence in favour or their own 'verdict', indeed with a top criminal barrister in the family, and my late local pub landlord a former Met officer, I KNOW it is done
                    Last edited by Sara; 12-03-2008, 03:16 AM.

Comment

WRIGHT DROPS APPEAL
                      Serial killer Steve Wright has dropped his bid to appeal against his convictions for the murders of five women in Suffolk.

Wright, 49, was jailed for life at Ipswich Crown Court last February.

It is reported that his family says a planned hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice on 24 February will not now take place.

They are hoping that the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) will now take up the case.

Wright's brother, David, who is leading the campaign, said: "Our solicitor is now writing to the CPS to secure the release of defence papers.

"But it's going to take a while to go through all the paperwork - we've been told there's enough to fill a transit van. I think it'll be at least a year."

Legal aid

The family has raised £10,000 so far to mount an appeal but much of that has been spent.

If the CCRC decides the case is worth investigating, then Wright will qualify for legal aid.

"The CCRC would pay for things like DNA tests, which would've cost us thousands," said David Wright.

The bodies of Gemma Adams, Tania Nicol, Anneli Alderton, Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls were found over a 10-day period near Ipswich in 2006.

Steve Wright was sentenced after a six-week trial where jurors unanimously found him guilty of all five murders.

He was given a whole life sentence and told he would spend the rest of his life in prison.

Wright's family say there are inconsistencies in the prosecution case against him.

They claim DNA evidence is flawed, and say the police did not investigate sightings of a white van seen in a remote country lane shortly before two of the victims' bodies were found.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7864669.stm
                      Regards Mike

Comment

While I have always had doubts about the forensic evidence produced against Barry George, I can’t quite see how the police could have made a mistake with there DNA evidence and wont be contributing towards Mr Wrights appeal fund.

Pirate

Comment

They claim DNA evidence is flawed, and say the police did not investigate sightings of a white van seen in a remote country lane shortly before two of the victims' bodies were found.

Wright admitted he had been with all the girls just before their deaths. He himself had accepted at least that part of the dna evidence.

Wright had his chance to accuse another but chose not to do so. He could have easily accused Tom Stevens the only other viable suspect in the cases. In fact in his closing summation the prosecutor mentions Tom Stevens as a possible accomplice and that the questions surrounding him will probably never be answered.

The only leg Stephens has to stand on is a claim of a totally incompetent defense.

Comment

Wright has been proven to have been with the girls on the nights they died, in the order they died, the victim's blood has been found on his clothes, an exchange of fibres, DNA...

the clues are there...

Oh, one last bit of evidence: He did it.

Comment

Channel 4 tonight 21:00– 22:20: Cutting Edge

The new run of Cutting Edge kicks off with a special feature-length documentary. In the winter of 2006 something extraordinary began to unfold on the streets of a town in rural Suffolk. One by one, the small community of sex workers that worked the dark streets around Ipswich Town's football stadium began to disappear.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X