torso maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seperation and series

The tendenciy I am spotting is to seperate bits found alone with the Macnaghten series. Temporally, there is no speration, geographically, they are similar. Here is a plotting for an arm found outside a blind school 09/29/88. The press report is here.

Dave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by protohistorian; 10-14-2010, 10:21 PM. Reason: photo
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

help Debs?!?

Is the Chelsea home of Shelley the one at Churchill gardens? Who would have thought peotry paid so well, this cat has like 9 London houses. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
        Is the Chelsea home of Shelley the one at Churchill gardens? Who would have thought peotry paid so well, this cat has like 9 London houses. Dave
        Dave, off hand, I think the address was just Chelsea Embankment. ( #1 possibly) I will have to check later to be certain, I might be wrong.

Comment

Debs, your a rockstar! Image 1 is the postal directory listing for 1 chelsea embankment. Image 2 is a map showing the estate in relation to the rest of the Jackson finds. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

shelley and the park

Number 1 Chelsea Embankment in relation to Chelsea park. Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Dave, it's really helpful seeing these plotted, espacially the last one, thanks!

So the limb found on the Battersea Park side of the Albert bridge is quite close to Shelley House too?
              Regarding the find in Battersea Park itself, this was said to be in shrubbery not used by the public or park workers and about 200 yards away from the shore of the Thames, so this would also be quite close to those two finds also?

Comment

This guy had to have a wheelbarrow or something. He's all over the place.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Battersea park, line is 200 yds from shore. Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

If I had to guess, the land find is between the "s" and the "e" in battersea. Pin to "T" balloon is .41 miles. This is a Bacon mapsheet from 1888 so we can have some confidence in it. Dave
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by protohistorian; 10-15-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Really fascinating.My computer was down today so I have only just caught up with it.As Debs says its really helpful having these plottings Dave.I know the area.The Chelsea side is hugely rich---Shelley"s house stands close to where one of Henry 8th"s London palaces stood.Battersea used to be dirt poor across the river---but it isnt now---but still doesnt compare with the wealth in Chelsea.

Comment

You ladies can only guess how helpful they are when your in Kansas. Dave

Comment

battersea park

You have to give props to scholars like Mr. Clack and Mr. Bennett. Different maps show different things and no singular map shows it all. To demonstrate here is Battersea park as treated in the 1888 directory. The other is the same with no overlay, outlined in green. Dave
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by protohistorian; 10-16-2010, 04:26 AM. Reason: xpeelinks

Comment

an 1859 park map

Since it is a map of the park proper, it shows more detail. In this view, far right seems the most likely place, but far left ain't bad either. Dave
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, come on now, you knew it was just a matter of time!

Booth version of Battersea park. These are 1889. Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

geographic proximity

The green balloons are Elizabeth Jackson land finds, the white one is the Whitehall arm find. The longest distance is 5883 feet, none of these finds were subject to tidal action. Dave
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by protohistorian; 11-26-2010, 10:49 PM. Reason: photo

Comment

Working...
                                X