JTR 1976 movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR 1976 movie

I was on the IMDB site today, I came across a french film called JACK THE RIPPER starring Klause Kinsky made in 1976.

Has anyone seen this and can they recommend it?

There's a little bit of chat about this movie here, spyglass:
    Movies, TV shows , documentaries and other visual media devoted or referencing Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Grave Maurice,
      Many thanks...doesnt sound promising, but anything that could be simular to a Russ Meyer film could be intresting.

Comment

It's a pile of crap that should be avoided.

Rob

Comment

Hi all,

I can only echo Rob's sage words. This film is the horrifically awful.

Having said that, if you're warped like me and want to laugh yourself to the point of serious pain for an hour and a half, grab a few beers and some popcorn, sit back on the sofa and enjoy. But only if you can get it for free.

It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen just for its sheer awfulness. You need to be drunk to enjoy it at its best. Lol

Hope I haven't offended anyone that likes it!

Hugs

Jane

xxxx
          Last edited by Jane Coram; 06-20-2010, 02:04 AM.
          I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

I can't imagine anyone liking it, Jane. This is, in my opinion the absolute worst Ripper movie ever made! It is galacticly awful. Terrible acting, horrible special effect, the film itself looks like it was bought at a dollar store, at only 50 cents to purchace. As an example I may point out when the Ripper sent a victim's eye through the post the eye still had the upper and lower lids attached. Come on!!!! Anyway, I have a copy of this film, but only because it's part of the collection, not because it's got any cinematic value.
            "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

The only reason I watched even some of this film is because Kinski is in it.

I think it was made by Jess Franco, Spanish schloch master a la Paul Naschy

Here's a German Trailer for it.

Der deutschsprachige Original Kino-Trailer von 1976.Technisch einer der besseren Jess Franco Filme.Originaltitel: Jack the RipperHerstellungsland: Deutschl...
              Last edited by belinda; 06-20-2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I think that trailer sums it up perfectly. I love the hand coming out of the water with blood still running down it.

xxxxxxx
                I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

This film is AWFULL!!!!!! Second only to the teribble ripper film with Patrick Bergen!!
                  In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

It is made by trash "maestro" Jesus Franco and this is apparently one of his BEST movies! He should not write a movie or direct even traffic! There is movies which SOUND worse - I havenīt seen them - with the title Ripper, like some Tom Savini film - described as graphically gory and amateurish - and New York Ripper, which sounds equally atrocious garbage. The latter is not about Jack, though.
                    Me?
                    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

I bought this movie about five years ago at a Borders bookstore in Michigan. Excited, I immediately went home and watched maybe the first 30 minutes of it before turning it off in disgust. Epically disappointed, I tried to return it the very next day. When they wouldn't take it back because the DVD had been opened, I tried to bargain with them; I would accept 25% of the purchase price in alternative store merchandise. Basically, give me back $4 for exposing me to this horrific film. When they still refused, I made a scene and threw it away in the trash can in the coffee shop section of their store. It deserved to be flushed down their toilet but there would have been fewer witnesses.

Comment

Working...
                      X