Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occam’s Razor, or why I love the Ripper murders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb luck...

Originally posted by APerno View Post
    I will waste your time by agreeing with you.

I get annoyed when I have to read/hear about how bright Ted Bundy supposedly was. We go on and on about how they love to stalk, tease, play the ‘cat and mouse game.’
    I basically agree with you Anthony although I do think Ted Bundy got some thrill out of the stalking. But you're right, this romantic notion of serial murderers
    as sophisticated Draculas is quite unfounded. I remember one book about Bundy started by saying he was only middling bright (IQ 124), poorly read, poorly travelled, a nose picker and a nail biter. He was simply a loser pervert who was completely inept around women. His whole personality was a facade. This is common among psychopaths.

The endless debate about Jtr or the killer/killers of these women remains - was he organized or disorganized, a cunning psychopath or a schizophrenic? The debate rages but as everything in this case, we lack information. We can only make inferences.

Many serial killers are just lucky they aren't caught sooner. Jtr may fall into this category.

Hopefully some of our excellent researchers will one day find credible evidence one way or another.............but I wouldn't hold your breath...

Greg

Comment

I can only agree with you Wickerman.

It was revealing to find that Sutcliffe returned to one of his victims to retrieve a £5 note, he also took along a hacksaw blade to saw the woman's head off. He was not successful. He intended to dump it somewhere else, in order to "create a big mystery out of it". But enough of Sutcliffe. I'd recomend reading his confession though, don't know if it's online.

Regards

Observer

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
        I can only agree with you Wickerman.

It was revealing to find that Sutcliffe returned to one of his victims to retrieve a £5 note, he also took along a hacksaw blade to saw the woman's head off. He was not successful. He intended to dump it somewhere else, in order to "create a big mystery out of it". But enough of Sutcliffe. I'd recomend reading his confession though, don't know if it's online.

Regards

Observer
        Here you are....
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks. A good addition to this thread I'd say

Comment

Just read the first account of the murder of Wilma McCann. It illustrates my contention that these killers are very reluctant to reveal the truth. Sutcliffe had already attacked three women with a hammer prior to McCann. The impression he gives is that the attack on McCann was brought on my her mocking him, and the hammer just happened to be there in his tool box. Of course, the three attacks on women before Wilma McCann were not being attributed to him at that point.
            Last edited by Observer; 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
              Just read the first account of the murder of Wilma McCann. It illustrates my contention that these killers are very reluctant to reveal the truth.
              Quite so, but by this time had he not already decided to fabricate his motivation, essentially to present himself as a "victim" of schizophrenia?
              Sutcliffe was a manipulator of the first order....

Now caught, his focus was to make his eternal state of captivity as comfortable as possible by using the system to his advantage.

Regards, Jon S.
              Last edited by Wickerman; 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Indeed. A plea of not guilty, on grounds of diminished resposibility was put forward. In effect Sutcliffe would not have been tried by jury, if the plea had been accepted. Thank God Mr Justice Boreham rejected the plea, and Sutcliffe stood trial. He got his way in the end though, he served only three years in prison, he's spent the remainder in Broadmoor, an infinitely cushier lifestyle.

Regards

Observer

Regards

Observer

Comment

He even got to meet Jimmy Savile.

Comment

He was unable to fix his release though

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                      [ATTACH]15008[/ATTACH]

You're just in time for latest find, Suze.

Roy
                      Must be more than a few of those in Whitechapel.
                      Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        He even got to meet Jimmy Savile.
                        There is a photo of him with Frank Bruno and Jimmy Saville

Comment

Working...
                        X