Space Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Ripper

I caught an episode of the old sci-fi series Babylon 5 today, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it featured Jack, who is apparently still alive in 2259, although not up to his old tricks.

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    I caught an episode of the old sci-fi series Babylon 5 today, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it featured Jack, who is apparently still alive in 2259, although not up to his old tricks.
    Quite a number of TV series from the Fifties through the present-day have used the Ripper story in one form or another.
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Thriller, Star Trek and Kolchak being quite memorable.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

There's an old Robt. Bloch story titled "Yours truly, Jack the Ripper" about a time-travelling Jack, which has been filmed several times.
          - Ginger

Comment

The one on Star Trek (the original one with Shatner and Nimoy and Kelly) had John Fiedler, normally a balding milqtoast character actor with eyeglasses (in Twelve Angry Men, and at the end of the 1969 True Grit) as the modern incarnation of Jack, who is jettisoned into outer space at the end of the episode. Oddly enough I can't recall Jack showing up in any Twilight Zone episodes, like Lincoln's Assassination did in a particularly memorable episode (with Russell Johnson, later "the Professor" on "Gilligan's Island") about time travel.

Jack did appear in one western television show here in the late 1960s - "Cimmeron Strip", in which he is a member of a wagon train in the Oklahoma territory in 1889. That show had a particularly satisfying conclusion for Jack at the hands of an Indian tribe.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X