Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Podcast Video Stream-Listen and Comment LIVE

Hi all,

The next episode on 11 January, Rippercast will experiment with a Live, real time video and audio stream.

Viewers will be able to register and text-chat with each other and our participants live, as we record the show.

The URL for the Live Rippercast stream is

End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.

This will not affect the audio podcast. I will record and edit the audio of the show to release as usual.

If you would like to watch Jonathan Menges (and possibly others) doing the show live, and participate with comments or questions for our guests, it would require you to log in to the USTREAM site and create a user name (preferably use your casebook user name).

If you do not register under a recognizable user name, ustream will give you a default number. You must identify yourself in your comment or question in order for the participants to refer to you on the show.

The LIVE Rippercast podcast will broadcast on Ustream at 1pmCST, 2pmEST, 7pmGMT Sunday, 11 January 2009.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about this on this thread.

We hope to see you participate in the show!

Stay Tuned,

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 01-06-2009, 02:54 AM.

Dear JM:

This is great news...especially for the womenfolk..'cause now they'll get to see my humble mug. Man, am I excited...for them.

I will hook up my newly nicked...er,bought, camera tomorrow night and be able to beautify the cyberspace on Sunday.

Comment

I'll be doing 3 Skype/Ustream test runs today (and more throughout the week) in order to weigh the robustness of Skype and streaming audio/video with multiple participants.

9amCST/3pmGMT

1pmCST/7pmGMT

5pmCST/11pmGMT

If you are in my Skype contact list and wish to help me by participating in this trouble-shoot, please activate Skype, text me your intention, and log into the Ustream link provided above.

Thanks!

JM

Comment

Bumping the thread for someone who asked about it.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Update

The test runs we've been doing with the ustream+skype set-up have so far not been satisfying. Yesterday, we tested the streaming audio/video quality with 5 podcasters participating and had poor results. I expect a full slate of participants on this weekend's show and so if today's test (after some technical adjustments) still fails to achieve the very high standards we require we will postpone the live stream for another episode that we'll fashion especially for the video stream, involving fewer participants.

Whether we proceed with the live stream or cancel it for another time will be determined later today and I'll make the final announcement here.

Stay Tuned,

JM

Comment

Good luck JM, fingers crossed!!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Hi all,

The live stream for Sunday will most likely be audio only. Meaning you can hear the podcast as its being recorded live, text comments and questions, but I will probably not activate the video stream.

The subject will be a review of the suspects with a view towards elimination. Starting with the Royal Conspiracy and working backwards, popularity wise.

So tune into the above link on Sunday, and we'll see how this turns out.

JM

Comment

Sorry everyone,

Another test of the skype with streaming audio and 4 participants FAILED. So until I find a more stable source to stream live audio and video, this weekends intended live stream is canceled.

If anyone (besides Howard) got their hopes up for this experiment, I apologize and am sorry to disappoint.

We'll continue to explore ways to make this type of broadcast happen in the future, and I'm open to (preferably free) suggestions of alternatives.

Still, the show will go on as normal Sunday, so look for it in the coming week.

Thanks,

JM

Comment

Working...
                X