Can someone explain to me 'shabby gentile?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
    Whew, as a descendant of Sephardic Jews, I was having fun with the Gentile part! Hi all...my beloved coon dog, Major Dude, Cold Soldier, died today so I'm having a tipple whilst crying. And I found out that my great great grandfather died in a hospital in Spitalfields. He was a tailor...there's a song there. GUT great to see ya, where's Monsieur Pierre? I just lurk now.
    Hi rose
    Sorry to hear about your hound. If it’s any consolation though, He’s gone to that great dog house in the sky, where the bowl is always full and the fields are always long. I lost my dog, titan, a coon hound boxer mix (interesting mix btw ) recently so empathize with your loss. Hang in there though.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hi rose
      Sorry to hear about your hound. If it’s any consolation though, He’s gone to that great dog house in the sky, where the bowl is always full and the fields are always long. I lost my dog, titan, a coon hound boxer mix (interesting mix btw ) recently so empathize with your loss. Hang in there though.
      Mine was also a coon-boxer mix. Off topic, in a dystopian future, we would have something to eat every day. Great hunters, great territorial defenders. Merci, sha.
      From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
      "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
        Whew, as a descendant of Sephardic Jews, I was having fun with the Gentile part! Hi all...my beloved coon dog, Major Dude, Cold Soldier, died today so I'm having a tipple whilst crying. And I found out that my great great grandfather died in a hospital in Spitalfields. He was a tailor...there's a song there. GUT great to see ya, where's Monsieur Pierre? I just lurk now.
        So sorry to hear about your dog.

I’ve not long got a new one after a year or two of mourning, he is the light of my life.

Pretty sure Pierre has left the building, suspect he ticked off admins once too often with all his “I know something you don’t garbage”.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
        X