No announcement yet.

Sorry, Sugden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen's right. This system needs changing. I'm astounded (but maybe I shouldn't be) that Trenouth spent so much time voting for herself again and again and again. Even with her fake reviews, she limited herself to half a dozen. I bet she gave herself a vote every single day she turned her PC on as a matter of course.

This needs to be wiped and started again with only Casebook Members allowed to vote.

Maybe Rob and I might feature, even if only at the bottom!

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Sadder thing is, she's probably going around touting the fact that she has the highest-rated book on casebook.

Comment

...to all her multiple personalities.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
          Sadder thing is, she's probably going around touting the fact that she has the highest-rated book on casebook.
          And to Chief Chewenbacca!
          Regards Mike

Comment

what about having to include a short review in order to vote? just to explain your vote, bit like ebay feedback?

joel
            if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post

Karen's books are through the roof despite being historically some of the worst material ever written, Sophie's French book is extremely high, a book I've never even heard of published by the vanity press company LuLu by someone named Maurice Lipton somehow ranks #13, and so forth and so on.
              Hello Dan and all,
              I'm lost here...What's that new book??? Karen-Kelly??? Is it possible to be more stupid than Sophie's??? Completely flabbergasted here...
              Shouldn't you create a special annual Award ceremony for such things?
              The Plastic Knife Award?

Comment

I don't read French, so I have to go by what others tell me of Sophie's work, but my feeling is that Karen Trenouth's books are probably worse.

Dan Norder
                Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

O'right Dan,
                  if you are interested, just give me some days, and I will email you a detailed review of it, almost chapter by chapter, with the main "arguments".
                  Prepare yourself to a GREAT SHOCK!
                  Then you will decide who deserves the Plastic Knife!
                  A sample?
                  Oh my Lord (Ahura Mazda) I can't make my choice...!

Comment

Hi all
                    Considering the worldwide kerfuffle that Trenouth's 'offerings' caused (quite rightly!) I haven't heard a wimper re Sophie's.......... looks like we've got a treat in store though c/o DVV !!

Suz x
                    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Hello Suzi,
                      I don't know about "the satanic team", though the title tells me a lot...
                      Regarding Sophie's book, I just can say I couldn't believe my eyes.
                      So, some samples (I'm writing quickly because I have problems with my connection this week):
                      One of the best: after Chapman's murder, Sophie writes that there were footprints of "indian-type" shoes in the rear-yard (???!!!), which proves that it was Macnaghten's shoes, since he had lived in India!!!
                      Shall I mention that the scarf around Chapman's neck indicates that the murderer is a worshipper of Kali?
                      Another?
                      Do you know about "Jack the Tarpauliner"?
                      Cross and Paul discovered the corpse under a tarpaulin (misunderstood of Cross statement:"at first, I thought it was a tarpaulin..." etc). On French TV she even mimed the scene, pulling an imaginary tarpaulin!
                      I could go ahead, but what's the purpose? There is everything, false quotations, false translations...
                      As a last example, Suzi, remember the letter Polly wrote to his father when she started working for the Cowdrys. Sophie states she was in Lambeth Workhouse, and happy to say: "Some people left yesterday, so I could be admitted..."
                      Can't this challenge the Satanic Team?
                      Amitiés
                      David

Comment

Hi David,

OK, you have a contender for a book that might be worse than the Karen Trenouth ones. I guess the English-speaking world is lucky that one isn't well known. It's not like we need any more bizarre and nonsensical theories with how many are already out there.

But, for comparison sake, Karen looks at the photo of Mary Kelly's room with the close up of her body and the flesh on the table and decides she sees a statue of Baphomet there and invents up some vast conspiracy of Satanists and Freemasons, etc. That's almost as wacky as the idea that Tumblety was a Satanist/Freemason/Templar/terrorist working with W.T. Stead, which at least thankfully never made it into a book and only gets bandied around the Internet.

Dan Norder
                        Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                        Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

I'm about to go to court and ask my 20 euros back...

Comment

Working...
                          X