Anyone know about Kindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about Kindle?

Has anyone recently managed to upload a book with pictures in the text to Kindle? I know you're all creative writing types.

I know, RTFM, but the advice from Amazon is contradictory & unclear. Can I just upload the text with the pictures as HTML, making sure none of the pics are too big & are all centred? Or do I have to compress the content, & how do I do that?

When I convert to HTML, the pics in my file get separated out & saved separately. Won't they be not included when I upload? I've uploaded 3 books with no pics but want to include pics in the next!

SW

Originally posted by Simon Webb View Post
    Has anyone recently managed to upload a book with pictures in the text to Kindle? I know you're all creative writing types.

I know, RTFM, but the advice from Amazon is contradictory & unclear. Can I just upload the text with the pictures as HTML, making sure none of the pics are too big & are all centred? Or do I have to compress the content, & how do I do that?

When I convert to HTML, the pics in my file get separated out & saved separately. Won't they be not included when I upload? I've uploaded 3 books with no pics but want to include pics in the next!

SW
    It seems the secrets is to download the free Kindle book called 'How to Build your book on Kindle' (or something). I've now done that & it's a lot clearer, more comprehensive and more up to date than the other Amazon advice to publishers.

SW

Comment

Working...
    X