Exciting new Poetry and Photographic Collaboration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting new Poetry and Photographic Collaboration

Launching to coincide with the York Ripper Conference, a volume of images and poems with a Ripper connection by Andrew Firth and Jenny Wilson.

Jenny is currently working on a selection of poems connected with the case; current titles include The Witness, Street Walker, The Painter, Bogeyman.

Andrew is already well-known for his stunning images of Victorian and modern day London, and will be providing a variety of outstanding images to illustrate Jenny's poems.

Price of the volume will be around £8 per copy and the authors will be available at the Conference to sign copies if requested. The book will also be available to purchase online.

We are looking to gain an idea of how many potential copies we might sell in order to estimate how many copies we need to make so please register your interest here. We include a sample for your perusal.

Yours

Andrew and Jenny

Click image for larger version

Name:	Autumn 1888 © Jenny Wilson & Andrew Firth 2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	670834

I won't be at the conference, but you can count on me for an online sale. Very much looking forward to it.
    “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
    http://www.williambury.org

Comment

I'm sorry to say that I don't read a lot of poetry any more...well, not if you don't count rhymes that I sometimes see in public washrooms that generally begin with lines such as "There was a young girl from Nantucket...."

But any book by Jenny and Andrew is worth having, so I look forward to getting a signed copy in York.

Comment

just to let everyone know...

personal reasons mean I was not able to complete my poems for this book and the lives of both Andrew and myself have changed since we planned it so I am not sure whether it will ever be completed.

Add to that I am being consistently accused by a member of these boards of 'stealing' his concept (he wasn't publishing a book of photos/poems, nor, to my knowledge, a book of poems alone, and it was not my idea but Andrew's and he can verify that I had to have my arm twisted to even consider contributing to it as at the time I was extremely stressed and pressured in my personal life) which I am not best pleased about.

I will be publishing my poems free for all to enjoy on the creative writing thread.

Take care all.
        babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about that Jen...Yours and Andrew's creativity would've made one hell of a combination!

All the best

Dave

Comment

thanks Dave

that's very kind of you.

But I've published my poems now on a thread in Casebook if you want to read them.

take care

Jen
            babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Working...
            X