Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Still having trouble with the word 'we,' Fish?
    We wouldn´t know, Robert. It´s a wee hard to tell. You are not weeing on me, are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      Or vice versa. Personally, I haven't entirely ruled out Robert Paul yet
      Me neither.
      The fact is Mizen stumbled onto the two of them leaving Bucks Row together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        Given her wounds i would suggest blood would start to clott within 10 minutes of the attack, however we must remember that she was disturbed by Paul and Lechmere, before Neil arrived, such could start blood to ooze again..

At first sight, i saw it as a real possability of setting a time of attack, but its not.

I would suggest, no more, that the attack took place approx 10 minutes max before Paul arrived, but its guess work, the tools to be more pricise do not exist now and certainly did not in 1888.
        And of course if Fish is correct that the abdomen wounds were first and the cause of death (which they could be, but inconsider highly unlikely) then the whole game would change even if the hypothesis worked, which is doesn't.

Steve
        How very... very.... I don´t know.

Did people bleed longer in 1888?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
          Me neither.
          The fact is Mizen stumbled onto the two of them leaving Bucks Row together.
          hi John
          disagree with that wording-they approached him. even Mizen says that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
            Just out of interest, herlock, why do you sit on the fence with the Diary and yet Lechmere is a complete non-starter, someone who shouldn't even be considered?
            I was just thinking the same thing. lol

Comment

• "We wouldn´t know, Robert. It´s a wee hard to tell. You are not weeing on me, are you?"

Could you repeat that, Fish? I'm way down Hanbury St out of earshot. Of course, mystically I'm still with Crossmere and Mizen, but there you are - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                You must admit, though, that killing en route to work would provide him with an alibi if found close to a murder site. That seems clever to me.
                Possibly but don’t you think it would’ve tipped them off had Lechmere been stopped at ANOTHER one of the murder sites?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  "We wouldn´t know, Robert. It´s a wee hard to tell. You are not weeing on me, are you?"

Could you repeat that, Fish? I'm way down Hanbury St out of earshot. Of course, mystically I'm still with Crossmere and Mizen, but there you are - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
                  Yes, you are indeed way down the street, Robert. And out of earshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    hi John
                    disagree with that wording-they approached him. even Mizen says that.

Same difference, Abby, my point being that Mizen saw 2 men leaving (what we now know as the murder site) together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      Possibly but don’t you think it would’ve tipped them off had Lechmere been stopped at ANOTHER one of the murder sites?
                      Absolutely. The innocent bystander on his way to work-card could only be played once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                        Same difference, Abby, my point being that Mizen saw 2 men leaving (what we now know as the murder site) together.
                        He didn´t see them until they had left Bucks Row, Jon. And how "together" they were in terms of distance is up for debate - but whichever distance applies, we know that Mizen said that "a" man came up to him and spoke. Not "two men".

I have said this before, and I will reiterate it: There is the possibility that Lechmere told Paul that he would fool any PC they met so they could slip past him and get to work faster. In such a case, Paul could/would have heard what was said, but would likely be reluctant to speak of it at the inquest.

However, I favour the option with Paul being out of earshot. Less risk involved.

Comment

We wouldn´t know, Robert. It´s a wee hard to tell. You are not weeing on me, are you?
                          Thanks for that mental picture, Fish. I think I'm going to have nightmares later...
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

How very... very.... I don´t know.

Did people bleed longer in 1888?
                            Not sure i follow either comment. But no matter the facts will speak for themselves.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                              Not sure i follow either comment. But no matter the facts will speak for themselves.

Steve
                              One would have thought so - but out here, facts seem multilingual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Thanks for that mental picture, Fish. I think I'm going to have nightmares later...
                                Sorry, Sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X